Xbox live and wireless componets question?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Rhett_Y, Jun 22, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Hi all..

I would also like to have my xbox (along with xbox live) but I don't want to run cables underneith the house again....so I was wondering, has anybody had any problems or performance issues with the linksys wireless componants? I currently have a router (wired) that I am using for the living room and I was thinking of adding a wireless bridge so I can play it in my bedroom.

Thanks
    R~

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Linksys Wireless for me here all over from router to WAP11. NO problems only pure fun.

3. Ricky Hustle

Ricky Hustle Supporting Actor

Ditto Eric.

I have standard linksys router downstairs connected to WAP11. Upstairs another WAP11 which feeds a hub that my PC and xbox connect to. No lag, only fun, fun, fun!

What you can do is put the Linksys access points (WAP11) into bridge mode. Then you enter the mac address of the other WAP11, this way the WAP11s only communicate with each other and do not pick up any other signal from the neighborhood. (Don't want to give your neighbor free broadband [​IMG] )

4. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

"(Don't want to give your neighbor free broadband )"

That's why you turn on encryption and possibly mac access lists.

Even 802.11b is a lot faster than your internet connection (unless you have a t3), so there shouldn't be any performance issues.