What's new

XBox Live Account on Another XBox Question (1 Viewer)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Hey Everyone,
Last February my brother sold me his XBox for an insanely good price. I'd been thinking of getting one but was gonna wait until I could find a better deal. He needed some quick cash for car repairs so I bought his. It's been working great ever since. Anyhow, I subscribed to a year of Live in February(though I don't really use it much now). Now, 9 months later, my brother has bought another XBox. He recently got All Star Baseball 2004 and is interested in getting the roster updates. He doesn't have Live(since he doesn't have broadband) but he'd like to get the roster updates using my account.
Anyhow, my question is, what do I need to do this? Can I just download them onto my Xbox and then put them on a memory card, or will I need to put my Live account on a memory card, log onto Live on his XBox(he was going to bring it over on Thanksgiving if that was necessary) and then download it.
Any clarification would help, as I forgot about the whole memory card bit(neither of us have one) when I told him that we could get the roster updates for him.
Dave

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I got another Xbox and had the same problem. While I could transfer my account and all my game saves, I was unable to save the updates (rosters and new maps) to the memory unit. Therefore, I had to download them again.

The only way your friend can get the updates is with your account on his box.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Ok, so I'll load my account onto a memory card, log onto Live with his XBox and download, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks