What's new

Xbox Live, 2+ people on one xbox? (1 Viewer)

GeoffL

Auditioning
After reading up on Xbox live, I'm a little confused. Can 2+ people play on one xbox, online? I have a buddy of mine, and we always play Halo online.

Since Xbox live only has 1 microphone, does that mean that only one person can play on one xbox? What happens if I bought 2 subscriptions?

whirley

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
On the beta, you can play Fever two player. One player logs in on their subscription, the other goes on as 'guest'. I guess if you had two headsets, that might work too, or you may be able to keep two profiles (accounts) on your xbox live sub (but if you were going to do that, you would probably need to buy 2 subs, as you can't have multiple gamertags).

It's pretty cool two player, but only person had the headset.

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
I have a friend down the street who is in the Oct 7th crew, and when he gets his, I plan on moving my account over to his machine and testing out the two people/two headsets/one xbox config and I'll let you know how it turns out...

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
I am glad that the 2nd player can play as guest, that is a very good idea.

I have friends who will certainly like to come over and play XBLive with me, but wouldnt be buying a subscription.

I think Microsoft made a very good decision.

I just hope the rest of XBLive is this well thought out!

Jeff

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
It's pretty cool to do 2 player Fever. My friend and I did it last week and it rocked. We played 2 on 2 with some guys in Georgia. Got our *sses handed to us, but it was a blast. we only had one headset - don't know if you can do 2 headsets on one subscription, but I guess you can. I just need another headset...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks