Xbox Light Gun Games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Daren Welsh, Sep 28, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

Just for kicks, I got HotD3 and the MadCatz light gun today. It actually seems to work fairly well. The only major problem is that it won't "reach" the corners of my TV as well as I would like. So while it doesn't have an ideal 1:1 range, I can calibrate it by pointing to the corner as far as it can "read" and then manually adjust while playing. It's not as bad as it sounds.

So now I guess I have to decide in the next 24 hours or so whether or not I want to keep the gun just for this one game. I'd be totally sold if I knew there was at least one more decent game ... or another one coming in the future.

2. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Starsky and Hutch supports the gun also [​IMG]

3. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

Since House of the Dead 2 is included with HOTD3, you actually have two games with the gun already [​IMG]

4. Daren Welsh

bleh :p ... except that I guess I suck too much to open HotD2 up. I'm assuming I have to at least beat the game once to unlock it.

Starsky & Hutch actually looks like it could be fun. While it's not going to be the best game/graphics in the world, it's $20 and I can have coop play. One person drives with the wheel and the other person shoots [​IMG]

5. Daren Welsh

Sweet ... it looks like Silent Scope (3 titles) will be coming out for Xbox in February [​IMG]

6. Daren Welsh

Got Starsky and Hutch. I had to move the coffee table and set up a chair in front of the couch (couch is too far from the TV to get good results with the light gun). It actually works a little better since I have the steering wheel on my lap. Obviously the graphics aren't much, but the gameplay is pretty funny. I'd say it was worth $15.

7. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

How the hell do these things work anyway?

8. Ryan FB

Ryan FB Second Unit