What's new

Xbox joystick? (1 Viewer)

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Hi,

I saw a Xbox game in Best Buy last nite. Something like a compilation of some older arcade games including pac-man, ms pacman and galaga. I think these games would be more fun if played on a joystick like the original versions.

I tried searching for xbox joystick on yahoo and really only came up with foreign sites. Does a controller like this exist?

Thanks ,Aaron

PS If these types of games are available on the PS2 and they have a joystick for that, that'd be an option, too.

Aaron

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
If these types of games are available on the PS2 and they have a joystick for that, that'd be an option, too.
There's a TON of retro packs available for the PSX/PS2 - a whole bunch from Namco, and a whole bunch from Activision.

I know Interact do a big arcadestyle joystick for the PS2, and there's other third parties that do them too.

I've yet to see a thirdparty joystick style controller for the XBox. I guess one option would be to use a PS2 one & a PS2->XBox controller adaptor?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
While the X-arcade is good eye candy it's not really practical for a single player, AND sort of a nuissance for 2 players. If one likes to hit or mash buttons the other player will feel it. I have a Mas Systems Super Pro-Stick and love it:

Link
Just like the arcade and the parts are easily interchangable if you want to get a different stick, different shaped/colored buttons. It's small enough to fit in your lap but its MDF is thick and durable.
It looks like their website hasn't been updated for the Xbox so you might have to buy the PS2 version and get an Xbox -> PS2 converter (together still costs less than the X-arcade). When I ordered mine I just called up, they were very friendly and sent it out the next day.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I forgot about the Hori stick which is out in Japan for DOA3: http://www.lan-kwei.com/xboxE/
Is the Naki joystick out yet, Dean? I can't find a link to the Naki one on any of the big retailers. The Pelican stick is out & on GameStop's site, despite what their own website says about it.
There's no mention of that Interact joystick on their own site either (which is where I first looked when I posted originally). In fact, the only place I could find it is on buyrite...
None of the regular "accessory" sites I visit (Levelsix, Baysoft, Lan Kwei etc have Xbox joysticks in stock or listed (though LK do have the Hori stick at $55), which is odd.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
The ToysRus here has the Naki stick so I know that they are out at least, Camp does your store have them?

I have also seen the Interact stick out in Future Shop (Canadian Best Buy) so you might have some luck there.

I'm not 100% sure about the trick stick and the X-arcade rocks but is a little pricey. At least it works with more than one system.

Dean

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Wow..thanks for the great info, guys. I am getting kinda excited about this. That X-Arcade looks like one serious joystick. I think I may have come across that when I was looking into doing the whole MAME thing.

Anyways, besides the Activision and Namco "old" games, what other current games are fun to play on these joysticks?

Aaron

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
I would imagine any fighting game would be a dream on any of those joysticks, as they look like the arcade versions. Very cool.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
The problem with the plastic ones is they have "click-sticks" meaning you can hear and feel a clicking when the joystick has triggered one of the 4 switches. The genuine arcade joysticks in the X and Mas feel much more smoother and you can get a different spring to tighten or loosen it. The click-sticks lose some precision (and won't last nearly as long) for your Hadokens and Electric Wind Godfists if you're a hardcore fighter nut.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks