What's new

XBox: Jedi Starfighter II - Buy or Rent? (1 Viewer)

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I noticed that the XBox version of this goes on sale on Friday. The only thing I can see thats different for the XBox is one more 2-person mission/level.

But is this a good game to buy, or wait for the rentals to come out? Just to calibrate: I loved the XWing vs Tie Fighter games for the PC.

How is the Gameplay? Do you need precognitive Jedi reflexes to play or is there thinking/cunning involved? Is it similar to the current crop of fighter games for the PC? (Cant remember the name).

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
I'm not sure this game even quallifies as a rental. I have a particular distaste for companies that take an existing property on another console and then do virtually nothing when they port it over and take absolutely no advantage of the xbox hardware. I mean, what's the point. All this game represents is a cynical attempt by a company to squeeze a few more bucks from a decidely tired property. These type of games make me want to boycott the offending software company.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Well, obviously Peter doesn't like it....

I'd say give it a rent at least. I have the first starfighter, and it's really not all that similar to X-Wing or Tie fighter-those were much heavier on the Sim aspect. It's closer to Rogue leader, but still a little more advanced (i.e. you have actual targeting/roll control but the other controls are pretty similar). I'm assuming that Jedi Starfighter is a similar game. Still looking forward to trying it though...

ChrisV

Second Unit
Rented it for the PS2 and finished it the same day. I had most of the bonus items too. I would not recommend buying it based on how short it was. However, I would recommend giving it a rent as it was a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, no Star Wars space shooters that I have played have managed to measure up to the fun I had with the X-Wing/TIE fighter games.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Sorry for the rant, but I'm getting tired of all these console ports to the xbox, and not very good ones at that. Rent before you buy. Consider the rental an insurance premium on a possibly bad decision.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the advice guys. I guess I'll pass on this one.
To date: I only own 3 XBox titles: Halo, Cell Damage, Spider Man. Thought it might be time for a new game.
(of course, I've got several PC games still in shrink wrap). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks