What's new

Xbox in 16:9 (1 Viewer)

Cory R. B.

Stunt Coordinator
I'm trying to see what my XBox games look like in 16:9 but I don't know how to do it right. I'm using DOA3, so it should work. I have a 27" HDTV normal ratio, but I'm gonna get 16:9 with the black bars on top and bottom (obviously). First, I went into the XBox menu and checked widescreen. Then I turned my TV to widescreen. Is that right, or do I need to do something different?

With widescreen in the XBox enabled, the game looks weird when the TV is on normal size. Is that right?

Gary King

Second Unit
DoA3 has a widescreen option in its menu. For some reason, Tecmo decided to ignore the Dashboard defaults.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
The in game graphics change aspect ratios according to the Xbox dashboard. The 16x9 or widescreen option in the game menu is for the end of game cinemas only.

On a 4x3 set to play 16x9 I think that you should set the dashboard to 'letterbox'.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
The DoA3 widescreen menu option is only for the CG cinemas. Widescreen actually zooms in on the cinemas, so you see less of the cinema image!

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks