XBox "High Definition Pack"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Schofield, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Dave Schofield

Dave Schofield Second Unit

I was planning on getting the High Definiton pack if/when I picked up an XBox this summer. However, after reading the "reviews" at EBworld I was a bit taken aback.
    http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/editorial...popf_id=209496
    Do any of their complaints (the ones that gave it 1 or 2 stars) have any merits? Quite a few of those 1 star reviews are just XBox bashers (one even said "they system sucks, the games suck and this connection pack sucks" so we know he isn't an unbiased user [​IMG]).
    Thanks!

2. Michael St. Clair

I say they are full of it. The first guy who really rags on it sounds like he may have a regular analog RPTV.

It looks fantastic on my Sony HD RPTV. Buy it.

3. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Yeah, they're just uneducated trolls. (as opposed to educated trolls, I guess [​IMG] )
    -Dave

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

I don't give any credence whatsoever to the customer comments on EBWorld I have to say... It's just too 'trollish' & fanboyish.

5. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Dave, I've got the Hi-Def pack hooked up to my HDTV and it looks and sounds fantastic. Don't listen to those idiots.

6. Dave Schofield

Dave Schofield Second Unit

Does the Hi-Def pack work with standard resolution sets? I'm buying a Sony Wega KV-36FS13 that I'll be hooking the XBox up to.

7. Andrew Grall

Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

Well, it still gives you component video which is better than composite or s-video... Depending on how picky you are, you might or might not notice the difference between 480i on s-video versus 480i on component...

If you think you can live with an s-video connection, but still want digital audio, you could always buy the Advanced AV pack instead, but if you have available component inputs, why not use them?

8. Brian Girard

Brian Girard Agent

That's what I use myself (advanced AV pack). Since my set doesn't have component inputs. But if I were in your shoes get the component AV pack. It's the exact same price and might as well have the better of the two packs. I myself can't tell the differance between component and S-Video, but then again I've only compared them on my friends Wega. Pretty sure his set wasn't calibrated properly.

9. Scott FP

Scott FP Agent

I have the advanced pack on my Sony Wega. This was more for the fact that I have component avail. and I was running out of inputs [​IMG]
    But if you ever upgrade to HDTV then you will be set.