xbox hi def problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Morley Dotes, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Morley Dotes

Morley Dotes Auditioning

Hi Everyone! I hope someone can help.....I just got an x-box (in anticipation of my GWII which should be here in a week or so)....and I hooked it up to my sony wega kv-36FV1. All my inputs are full except video 4, which has the component hook ups......well, I hooked up the x-box to it using the high-def cables sold for the machine and I got a split screen with a thich black line in between......so, just to test, I unhooked my PS2 from the front of the set and hooked up the x-box and it works fine.....so, my concern is did I not hook up the wires right??? (It's hard to see, I can barely move the TV as it is actually on two stands to bring it up high enough to see).

Anyway, I was wondering if someone could let me know what I am doing wrong, is it a problem with my TV? with the game? with the way I hooked up the cables??? Or could it be that my TV doesn't support it??? (But I have the component hook ups for video for so I don't know).

Thanks in advance!

2. TimG

TimG Second Unit

Just a guess, but you are probably trying to feed a hi-def signal to a non hidef tv. Try hooking it up to the component inputs again but make sure you are sending a 480i signal, not 480p.