What's new

Xbox @ Hdtv (1 Viewer)

Ken Ingram

Stunt Coordinator
Whats the best route to go to hook my Xbox to my MitsHDTV.
MS HD pack or Monster Componet cables.
With the Microsoft HD pk It has every thing I need for only
$20.00 but the cables are cheap and probally need to replace
them with shielded ones. Now on the Monster pk $59.99)I have to buy a adapter for 20.00/40.00 bucks to get the 5.1 audio right? What are you guys using?

Ken Ingram

Stunt Coordinator
Come on Guys ,15 views and no replys.
Nobody using componet cables for your XBOX's?
Which one is the best way to go for 5.1 audio?

Microsoft HD Pack $20.00 with cheap cables

Or Monster Componet plus Adapter .$59.99+$39.99=$100.00

Is there a $ 80.00 difference in Picture Quality?

JosephMoore

Stunt Coordinator
Don't feed the Monster!

The standard Microsoft breakout works just dandy. If for some *highly* unlikely reason you do get noise from the included component cables just replace with your own.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
I'm also using the M$ HD pack and an AR optical cable. No issues to date. The Monster cables are longer, FWIW.

I haven't yet seen the Xbox actually do 1080i, so I can't say if there will be an issue with that.

Martin.

JosephMoore

Stunt Coordinator
The Microsloth HD pack handles 1080i just fine. Dragon's Lair looks pristine. Remember, the bandwith for 720p and 1080i is about the same.

i have the monster set up and am happy with it, the MS brake out box looks and feels cheap plus you need better cables then what your supplied with. the monster cables are a little more expensive but for me it was worth it for not haveing to have an extra little box and a bigger mess of wires behind the tv. just my opinion.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I'm using the MS HD pack, Dayton (from Parts Express) toslink, Canare component cables and am a happy camper. I tried Dragon's Lair 3D just to see how it looks and it does shine!

Ken Ingram

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Guys for all your Inputs.
I ended up with the Monster Componet cables.
I found a open box at Best Buy for $25.00 and the Monster
Coax cable with adapter for $29.99 at Game Stop . .
$10.00 cheaper than Best Buy. So for $55.00 I got a nice setup. I would not of paid $100.00 for this setup .
I figured with the Microsoft HD Pk $20.00 + coax Cable $15.00 and If I want to replace those skinny little componet cables $20.00 It comes out about the same. And Monster seems to be a better build Quality and are longer.
I did test both the Microsoft HD Pk and the Monster cables
and saw and heard no difference in Video or audio.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Since you guys are playing the games on the big screen, do you worry about burn in or any other effects the games may have on your big screen? I have been debating about hooking it up to my system......

Thanks
R~

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Do a search in this forum on "burn-in".

Short answer: No, not if you have your TV set up correctly.

like Joel said if your set has been calibrated with avia and you don't leave a paused screen on it for hours your all set. also xbox has a screen saver on it so if you leave it inactive for a period of time the screen will go black.
95% of tv time is on xbox playing games and no burn in yet after 4 months.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Sweet...that is what I was looking for...thanks...time to hit the big screen....... :D
Thanks again
R~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks