Xbox HD Scaling on DVDs and other sources

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Frank_Ber, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Frank_Ber

Frank_Ber Agent

Currently testing 1080i scaling on the Xbox with DVD playback using XBMC (Xbox media center) and so far so good. 720p scaling on my Sony G-420s monitor also looks great. Anyone who had more experience on this?

2. Tom Martin

Tom Martin Stunt Coordinator

what's the xbox media center? and all i want to find out is if it can play movies in 1080i and what's the quality. all microsoft said i needed is an hdtv, the hd a/v pack and the xbox dvd player.

3. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

What version of XBMC you using Frank? I heard 1080i was possible but still very buggy in the last iteration. Was waiting for it to stabilize before I tried it again. Is it there now?

Tom, XBMC is a third party program you can run on a modded xbox. It won't work on an unmodded retail unit.

4. Frank_Ber

Frank_Ber Agent

Joe, I am using the latest version XBMC that was released on 01/02/2004. 720p and 1080i works fine and stable. Better quality than the 480i on the Xbox. Controlling the DVD with the remote or the controller is another story. XBMC is still not complete but its 720p and 1080i modes are working right now.