Xbox HD component cables

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ken Holmes, Oct 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Ken Holmes

Ken Holmes Stunt Coordinator

Anyone actually uses the component cables that come with the HD kit? I bought some decent quality cables to replace the ones that come with the kit but now I may need to use them for another piece of equipment and I don't really want to spend any more money. For the purpose of using these cables to play games, are they really going to make that much of a difference?

Also, any ideas where to get good & cheap component and optical cables?

Ken H.

2. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

They work fine for me. Since you already have them, just hook them up & try them out before you spend any more money.

-Dave

3. Christo Ramo

Christo Ramo Stunt Coordinator

They made a huge difference on my friends 36" WEGA - I would have to say yes.

4. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

I should think the component cables that came with the XBox HD-kit are good enough. Mine are fine for XBox playing.

If you're going to get picky about cable performance, you're not really going to find a huge upgrade for a reasonable price (say under $50). You're already in the hundreds of dollars (and probably should be on the tweaking forum). [​IMG]

5. Erik J. B.

Erik J. B. Extra

I've got them on my 36" Sony Wega. But I can't choose which cables I want to use. I've got the set with that plugs into the X-Box and you get a component video and optical cable at the other end. It's perfect and was a big improvement, especially the sound. That in-game DD is sweet.