What's new

Xbox "Greatest Hits"?? (1 Viewer)

JoseEduardo

Second Unit
Does anybody know if Microsoft plans to release a line of Greatest Hits/Games for a low price such as the PS2 does?
I've heard rummors of Microsoft coming out soon with a "Platinum Series" line up of games for 19.99, anyboby know if this is true?

JoseEduardo

Second Unit
Yes thanks Brian......
Anyways, same question as Todd, anybody know when the first batch will be released and what games will be considered "Platinium Series"??
Thanks

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I saw a link either here or on another forum. I think the first 3 are Max Payne, Munch's Odyssey, and PGR. The MSRP is 19.99 for some and 29.99 for others IIRC.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Yes thanks Brian......
Sigh. I was trying to be helpful through a subtle prompt to use the search function to find the thread. It had prices. It had links to a cover on Amazon. Obviously, it's better just to regurgitate it all over again. :-/

Dan B

Screenwriter
I think the titles so far announced are:

Project Gotham Racing
Amped
Spider-Man
Max Payne
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
SpyHunter
Oddworld Munch's Odyssey

Between $19.99 & $29.99 - no official criteria for choosing titles - DVD cases are actually platinum colored according to some...Best Buy has some of them on their website already.

JoseEduardo

Second Unit
don't worry about it Brian, I did try to do the "search" function first but I got a message saying it wasn't funtioning due to a server "overload" or something like that...........

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
No HALO?

Sounds odd.. but i guess it is a system seller, they'll keep the price where it is...

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I saw some of these platinum hits games when I was out today. The cases look REALLY cool, much better than the originals. I saw Amped, PGR, and Max Payne. The cover art tends to have more white than the old games, and the cases are a silvery gray. PGR didn't look as good as the other two, but Max Payne had about the slickest packaging I've ever seen for a game. It's nice to see someone finally get it right when it comes to budget games instead of adding ugly green and red stripes.

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
The first batch of Platinum hits are here...

PGR for $15.
Amped, Munch, and Tony Hawk 3 for $20.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
So, which of these budget titles would you recommend? I already picked up Munch for $15 used from EB. Max Payne I would definitely be interested in except I already beat it on the PC. PGR ... maybe, except I don't dig the whole "kudos" thing. I just want to WIN the race, I don't care about "style"...
That leaves Amped and Tony Hawk, I guess. I wish they'd put Rally Sport Challenge on this list. That's a racing game I can really get into.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I don't think that PGR will always be $15, I think it's just for this week at CC.

Glen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks