What's new

XBox game suggestions please. Atari was my last console system! (1 Viewer)

CRyan

Screenwriter
Well, I have tried reading the reviews, but I just can't figure out what I should get. I am not an avid gamer but my wife and I like to play. The Xbox got me hooked and now I want a few more games.
I already have Halo and Project Gotham, so what else is good? Game reviewers tend to review the game based on its predecessors. Like DOA3 - many reviewers gave this game a lower review because is was simply a rehash of DOA3. However, I HAVE NEVER PLAYED DOA2, so maybe the game would be great for me.
What about Silent Hill 2? It looks pretty neat and reminds my of Phantasmagoria for the PC. Is there any replayability? Also, does ANYONE know if this game is 16:9? Football and other team sport games don't really interest me or my wife, so I guess those are out. What about Off Road. I used to love the arcade version of that game and had plans of getting it, but the reviews say it sucks. :frowning:
So any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
C. Ryan

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Silent Hill 2 would be a good choice. I recommend either Amped or SSX Tricky for snowboarding (Amped really takes advantage of XBoxes hardware whereas SSX Tricky is a pretty straight port).

Bloodwake comes out soon, and might be worth checking out. Lots of people seem to like Oddworld.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
DOA3 is an awesome fighting game. The graphics are excellent, get it if you have someone to play it with (2 player mode) otherwise rent it and enjoy the hell out of it.

David Proud

Stunt Coordinator
I just got oddworld and it's a lot of fun to play with your g/f if she is not into the halo type of game.

some games that interest me that are coming are

Blookwake - a must have, the most realistic water I have ever seen.

wreckless - where you can run over pedestrians, kinda like carmageddon

Silent Hill II

Max Payne - If you have seen the pc port it is supposed to be fantastic on the xbox, however I am not sure if your wife will like it.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I was under the impression that Wreckless wouldn't feature pedestrians being killed. It's supposed to be more of a comedic game, where you get to smash a lot of stuff with your car but no people.
Which is unfortunate since I prefer racing games that let you kill people :) Still looking forward to seeing how the game turns out, though.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Is Soul Calibur 2 out yet fort he X-Box (and other systems). SC1 was great on the Dreamcast. It must be especially good on this one too.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Neil, no Soul Calibur 2 hasn't been released yet. I can't recall the release date...I'm sure someone knows it.

-Dan B

Kelly Scott Rickards

Stunt Coordinator
Soul Calibur 2 is currently in its arcade form on Namco's System 246(basically a coin-op version of a PS2 with some extra RAM)..

SC2 is due in arcades in feb...

In a Next Gen/EDGE magazine interview with the producer of Soul Calibur 2, he was quoted as saying the higher ups at Namco are pressuring him to release all 3 home versions (XBOX, Gamecube and PS2) at the same time (good luck).....

The best guess for the home version(s) of SC2 is June or July in Japan and perhaps august or september in the US...

BTW, the Japanese PS2 version of Tekken 4 is due in March, for anyone who is intrested...

PPS. Virtua Fighter 4 for the PS2 will be out in Japan Jan. 31 and early March in the US

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks