1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox Free After Contract with MSN

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom_J, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Tom_J

Tom_J Agent

Just saw this in the weekly ad today. You get the Xbox for free if you sign up with MSN for 24 mos.

This is a great deal for those of you who are thinking about getting broadband (LIVE!). You can sign up for MSN DSL with this deal. Had a friend who did so, after using their dialup for a while.

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

It's hardly a new deal - basically, it's the same rebate that MSN provides for any major electronic purchase via BestBuy etc.

Of course, I'm biased against it because I can't stand MSN as a ISP. My father-in-law & a good mate both use it (thanks to this deal in the past), and they've had nothing but trouble with it.

3. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

So you pay $526.80 for 24 months of internet access and get a free Xbox. If you are in the market for an ISP it works but otherwise, no thanks.

I'm doing it the old fashioned way, I'm saving twenty bucks a week for my Xbox purchase. I figure once I can save the dough for the hardware my wife will let me get a few games and a new controller (I need that s-controller). I'm have way there...

4. Tom_J

Tom_J Agent

Quite the opposite of what I expected as responses. I wasn't aware BB was doing this for the Xbox before this ad. My bad.

As far as MSN as an ISP, my brother, 2 people at work as well as my friend are all on MSN's DSL. They've had no problems whatsoever. As a matter of fact, their service seems to be more reliable than my cable modem. (I am not in a service area for DSL)

I guess take this with a grain of salt. I thought this might be a good deal for people who aren't on broadband yet and was thinking of getting an XBox. YMMV.

5. BrianB

BrianB Producer

6. Nathan A

Nathan A Second Unit

the $200 deal for 24months of dial up has been around forever, but i hadn't heard of them doing it for DSL until now. while most don't like dial-up; this might be a really good deal for a number of people looking into DSL or cable.

7. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

hell, I got it when it was $400 and paid for my Sony Wega that way, although I've sold it and got a bigger set since.