Xbox Free After Contract with MSN

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom_J, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Tom_J

Tom_J Agent

Just saw this in the weekly ad today. You get the Xbox for free if you sign up with MSN for 24 mos.

This is a great deal for those of you who are thinking about getting broadband (LIVE!). You can sign up for MSN DSL with this deal. Had a friend who did so, after using their dialup for a while.

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

It's hardly a new deal - basically, it's the same rebate that MSN provides for any major electronic purchase via BestBuy etc.

Of course, I'm biased against it because I can't stand MSN as a ISP. My father-in-law & a good mate both use it (thanks to this deal in the past), and they've had nothing but trouble with it.

3. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

So you pay $526.80 for 24 months of internet access and get a free Xbox. If you are in the market for an ISP it works but otherwise, no thanks.

I'm doing it the old fashioned way, I'm saving twenty bucks a week for my Xbox purchase. I figure once I can save the dough for the hardware my wife will let me get a few games and a new controller (I need that s-controller). I'm have way there...

4. Tom_J

Tom_J Agent

Quite the opposite of what I expected as responses. I wasn't aware BB was doing this for the Xbox before this ad. My bad.

As far as MSN as an ISP, my brother, 2 people at work as well as my friend are all on MSN's DSL. They've had no problems whatsoever. As a matter of fact, their service seems to be more reliable than my cable modem. (I am not in a service area for DSL)

I guess take this with a grain of salt. I thought this might be a good deal for people who aren't on broadband yet and was thinking of getting an XBox. YMMV.

5. BrianB

BrianB Producer

6. Nathan A

Nathan A Second Unit

the $200 deal for 24months of dial up has been around forever, but i hadn't heard of them doing it for DSL until now. while most don't like dial-up; this might be a really good deal for a number of people looking into DSL or cable.

7. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

hell, I got it when it was $400 and paid for my Sony Wega that way, although I've sold it and got a bigger set since.