What's new

Xbox Free After Contract with MSN (1 Viewer)

Tom_J

Agent
Just saw this in the weekly ad today. You get the Xbox for free if you sign up with MSN for 24 mos.

This is a great deal for those of you who are thinking about getting broadband (LIVE!). You can sign up for MSN DSL with this deal. Had a friend who did so, after using their dialup for a while.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
It's hardly a new deal - basically, it's the same rebate that MSN provides for any major electronic purchase via BestBuy etc.

Of course, I'm biased against it because I can't stand MSN as a ISP. My father-in-law & a good mate both use it (thanks to this deal in the past), and they've had nothing but trouble with it.

Andre F

Screenwriter
So you pay $526.80 for 24 months of internet access and get a free Xbox. If you are in the market for an ISP it works but otherwise, no thanks.

I'm doing it the old fashioned way, I'm saving twenty bucks a week for my Xbox purchase. I figure once I can save the dough for the hardware my wife will let me get a few games and a new controller (I need that s-controller). I'm have way there...

Tom_J

Agent
Quite the opposite of what I expected as responses. I wasn't aware BB was doing this for the Xbox before this ad. My bad.

As far as MSN as an ISP, my brother, 2 people at work as well as my friend are all on MSN's DSL. They've had no problems whatsoever. As a matter of fact, their service seems to be more reliable than my cable modem. (I am not in a service area for DSL)

I guess take this with a grain of salt. I thought this might be a good deal for people who aren't on broadband yet and was thinking of getting an XBox. YMMV.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Quite the opposite of what I expected as responses. I wasn't aware BB was doing this for the Xbox before this ad. My bad.
MSN have been running that $200 free offer for ages & ages. You can apply it to the purchase of anything in BB, it's not specifically for the XBox. BB just advertised it with the Xbox as a nice piece of "cross marketing".

Nathan A

Second Unit
the $200 deal for 24months of dial up has been around forever, but i hadn't heard of them doing it for DSL until now. while most don't like dial-up; this might be a really good deal for a number of people looking into DSL or cable.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
hell, I got it when it was $400 and paid for my Sony Wega that way, although I've sold it and got a bigger set since.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks