What's new

XBOX for main DVD and CD player? (1 Viewer)

AdamN

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

I'm now looking into getting an xbox. I know that it can be used as a DVD player in conjunction with the DVD kit.....but can it also be used as a CD/CDRW player?

I'm thinking of getting one and also using it for DVD/ CD/ CDRW player so I won't have to buy a seperate DVD or CD player. It would be hooked up to my 2.1 system.

Does anyone see any problems doing this? Any help or input is greatlly appreciated. Thanks

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure if it will read RWs, but it will read CDs. In fact, you can rip whole CDs into it as MP3s and play them back in it. I'm not sure if you can make custom track lists, though.

AdamN

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. thats pretty cool that you can rip MP3's into it. Most of my CD collection is burned so I need something that can read them. I'm getting the xbox in a few months anyway..... but if it doesn't read burned CD's I'll have to buy a DVD/CD/CDRW player before I get it.

AdamN

Stunt Coordinator
Oh okay. So it wll read read CD's dled off of kazza and burned using easy CD writer (I think thats what its called)? Sorry...I'm a total noob to computers :D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
What you just described is technically illegal, unless you are only downloading CDs that independent artists are putting online to promote themselves.

And it depends on the type of CD that you're using, whether it's R (Recordable) or RW (Re-Writable), not the way you burn it or the program or the source of the material.

AdamN

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, its illegal. I was only speaking hypothetically...I didn't say I did that ;)

When I burn friends CD's I use CD-R's. Is that compatible with the xbox?

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
I believe most CDRs are not compatible with the Xbox, but most CDRWs are compatible with it. I use Imation CDRWs and have never had a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks