Xbox football

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew_A_Paul, Sep 5, 2002.

1. I'm looking to get one of the new 2003 football games for X-Box, college or NFL. I like the NCAA games and i think NCAA 2k3 looks tight. Anyone have any input on the new football games?

2. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

NFL2K3 is the best football sim of the group, IMHO. Madden 2003 is one fantastic video game, loads of extras, and fantastic football. Plus, no Pat "I should have retired 10 years ago" Summerall this year. You can't go wrong with either. I'd rent them both and buy the one you like more.

I haven't played any college footbal titles.

3. Brandon_S

Brandon_S Second Unit

Andrew,

If you are looking for a college football game, look no further than NCAA 2003 by EA Sports. As much as I love Sega's NFL series, EA's college game is much better in my opinion than Sega's college offering. The atmosphere is spot on with college football. However the best thing for you to do might be to rent them both and see which one you like better. Personally, NCAA 2003 hasn't left my game system in well over a week (I'm also dabbling in NFL 2k3 from time to time). :)

Brandon Smith

4. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

NCAA 2003 is a much more refined effort than NCAA 2K3. I've played them both, and EA's game is much deeper.

5. AHHHH AHHHHH AHHHH brain overload!! . . . THanks for the input guys but i think ill just have to rent them. Thanks again.

6. Michael Henry

Michael Henry Second Unit

J. Michael Henry
    Keep in mind that you can play NFL2K3 series for the xbox online - Madden you can't...
    It was a deal breaker for me! [​IMG]
    BTW - I love NFL2K3...very hard and fun at the same time...
    -Mike

7. Glenn Seegers

Mike,
    Have you been playing NFL2K3 on the Live beta? It doesn't support System Link correct? I'm considering getting NFL2K3, since I got Fever 2003, and thought it took a step backward from the 2002 version. [​IMG]
    BTW, I can't believe a fellow forum member lives within a mile of me! [​IMG]
    Glenn

8. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Dynasty mode for NCAA 2003 is AWESOME! I'm in Year 8! I don't rebuild, I reload. PS, you should learn how to properly redshirt people to avoid having a bunch of seniors leave in any given year. Sometimes I catch myself simulating the lesser games (vs. non-top 25 teams) so that I can get to the off-season and recruit! [​IMG]

9. Well I've been playing NFL Fever 2002. What I don't like about it is when you throw up a pass my receiver may not get to the ball because the defender gets in his way and will stop. And instead of my receiver going around him or a flag being thrown, he tries running through him and gets now where. Is the computer AI, how should I put this, lacking, in the other games that you have played?

10. Oh man, I rented NCAA 2k3 and IMO it... is... horrid. Well it was my bad anyway because I rented the wrong one. I meant to get NCAA football 2003, but evidently I can't read [​IMG]