What's new

Xbox Exhibition Demo Disc (1 Viewer)

Jeff_S

Agent
[Note: something seems to have went wrong when I created this thread. When I submitted the new thread, I got back an error message so I was surprised that the thread was posted (unfortunately without the content!). Mousing over the thread name shows some of the content but clicking on the thread name shows nothing. Weird. Anyway, here's the gist of it...]

Hi all,

First time poster (but frequent lurker!) to Video Game Software. Anyway, I thought I'd post about this since I didn't see any thing about it (a search came up empty as well)...

I was at Circuit City last night and saw they were selling a Xbox demo disc called Exhibition for $4.99. Here's what's on it:

• Nine Playable Demos:
''Panzer Dragoon Orta,'' ''Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell,'' ''Quantum Redshift,'' ''TimeSplitters 2,'' ''ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth,'' ''Whacked!,'' ''Halo,'' ''Madden NFL 2003,'' and ''NFL Fever 2003.''

• Exclusive, Gotta See Videos:
G4, the only television network dedicated to the world of interactive entertainment, provides several insights and reviews of the hottest Xbox games. Gamers will also have the opportunity to watch videos for some of the most anticipated upcoming games... including ''Halo 2.''

• Great Soundtracks:
''Xbox Exhibition'' gives gamers the opportunity to check out music videos and songs from some of the hottest indie label artists around, including Death Cab for Cutie, The Dismemberment Plan, PlanB, John Vanderslice, Kind of Like Spitting, The Long Winters, and Rilo Kiley. Songs can also be downloaded from the game disc to the Xbox Hard Disk to be played back in-game... an ''Only on Xbox'' feature.

• Downloadable Game Extensions:
Thanks to Xbox Exhibition, gamers can download new content to the Xbox Hard Disk, including costumes, game saves, and cheats. Once stored on the hard disk, they are accessed by the full version of a game the very next time it's placed in the Xbox.

For $5, I couldn't resist and picked it up. It's really a great value (being able to play Panzer Dragoon Orta alone is worth the price!) and plus, as an added bonus, it comes in a standard green Xbox case (not some flimsy cardboard sleeve like some demo discs) so you'll have an extra case if you ever need it. I didn't see this at Best Buy the other day but I wasn't looking for it either so it may be exclusive to Circuit City. It's also available from the CC website. Just thought you guys might want to check it out.

Jim J

Second Unit
I picked this up as well from CompUSA. for $10. Only to find 'ERP 7.99' underneath the CompUSA sticker. Haven't opened it yet tho...

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Is it safe to assume that the Dead or Alive costumes are the same as the "booster pack" from the Official Xbox Mag?

-Dave

Dan B

Screenwriter
...and if you like this, I'd sure recommend OXM, which is only $25 for 12 discs. Plus the magazine comes with it and...has pretty pictures...

Note to Nintendo! People love the demo discs! Hint! Cough.

Users who are viewing this thread