What's new

Xbox DVD (1 Viewer)

Jeramy_K

Stunt Coordinator
I think it's ok for a spare DVD player or in a non HT setup. But I wouldn't recommend it being the main player in a HT.

-Jeramy

Matt Odegard

Stunt Coordinator
Don't. If you have a 27" TV, fine. Go for it. If you have a HD big screen I wouldn't. My buddy uses his for DVD's on a Panny 53wx42 and when I watch a movie its terrible, everything has a green hue in dark scenes, and just terrible pq. I didn't even bother getting a DVD remote for my XBOX, well that and I have 2 much much better DVD players the way it is.

Sebastien David

Second Unit
picture quality is terrible, and you only get 3 months warranty, testament to the relatively poor build quality...

besides, there is a fan, which becomes more than annoying during quiet passages. I wouldn't use the XBox as a DVD player, especially when there are way better alternatives at around $100...

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
Absolutely hated how the player would occasionally freeze after an extended pause.
Do you mean totally freeze or just stuttering for a second. My RCA does the latter but I've found out that it's because after a long time on pause the disc stops spinning. Therefore, when you start playing again, the disc is not spun up to speed and it needs a second to get going.

Chris Smith

Stunt Coordinator
When our HTPC wasn't working great, we used the xbox for the dvd player. Watching a few movies on that got me motivated enough to fix the computer, as the picture quality is pretty darn bad on a bigger TV. On anything 27" or smaller, it would probably be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks