What's new

XBox DVD Playback (1 Viewer)

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
Alright, so I put Gladiator DVD into the Xbox, first three times it tells me that it isn't a CD, DVD, or xbox game. Frustration grows, so I throw it into my Toshiba DVD player to make sure that it is fine, and no problems whatsoever. I put it back into the xbox, and it works. Even more amazing it is able to pass the DTS-ES stream to my receiver, for the first time I can ever recall, the Elite recognized the ES flag! The Toshiba never has done that, ever! T2:UE Dts-es also was recognized.

Is anybody else using the xbox for DVD's having trouble with it not recognizing some DVD's? I very much like the improvement in DVD playback from my Toshiba.

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
The problem is that the Box is extremely sensetive to dust, smudges, scratches.....anything on a disc.
It even seems like if you don't put the disc just so on the tray, that it won't recognize it either. My copy of Halo is pristine, but every now and then, for whatever reason, the thing won't recognize the disc. I have to eject, reseat teh disc and it's ok.
There's nothing wrong, it's just the way it's made. But whatever you do, be extra careful now about the way you handle your discs. If anything gets on them you probably won't be able to use it in the Box.
Oh, and check your rental games before you get out the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks