What's new

XBox: Do I have to use component video if I want to use digital audio? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Holton

Stunt Coordinator
I want to hook up my XBox with digital sound using an optical cable... so far, the only hookup that I have found that has an optical output... has only component video... not S-video. Has anyone seen anything that will allow me to use optical cable for the audio, but S-video for the video?

GaryP

Second Unit
Jeff,
What you need rather than the HD pack is in fact the Advanced AV pack, which can be found many places, including the local WallyMart. It'll have the S-Video output along with the optical out. I believe they threw in a composite video connection as well, I can't remember right off the top off my head though.

Gary

Edan W

Stunt Coordinator
I believe they threw in a composite video connection as well, I can't remember right off the top off my head though.
Actually, there is only the s-video and RCA video connection on the advanced AV pack...no component (I bought it a week ago and promptly played my way through half of Halo again just to enjoy the improved audio).

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Yeah, just to clarify:

Advanced pack: S-video, digital audio (Toslink), analog audio (red and white RCA)

HD pack: Component video, digital audio, analog audio.

Dan B

Screenwriter
To further clarify about the Advanced AV pack:
Advanced AV pack:
Composite video, S Video, analogue audio, Toslink. :)
If this isn't in the Next-Gen. console FAQ sticky thread, it should be.
-Dan B.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks