What's new

Xbox digital audio? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Does the X-box have digital audio support to allow me to connect it to my HT reciever? if so what connection does it use? Also I've heard you need to buy an advanced A/V pack to use the surround sound, what exactly is in this advanced A/V pack? thanks.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Yes, Microsoft's Advanced AV Pack (S-Video) and the HD Pack (Component) allow you to use an optical cable to enjoy games in their full six-channel splendor. Such a cable, at least with the HD pack, is not included.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You have to buy and optical cable ($7) seperately. The pack plugs inot the same place your video cables do

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
okay, so basically the X-box is equipped to handle 5.1 audio out of the box as long as I have the right cable to do it? am I correct in saying this? thanks.

RucoreyZ

Auditioning
After you get the High Def AV pack, go rent Hunter and turn up the sound. What a sweet setup XBox has! The surround speakers pick up all the arrows and bullets wizzing past.
Barry
Xbox-enigmah
PS2-neo 4.x:emoji_thumbsup:

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I plan on buying my X-box this weekend with Halo and maybe one more game, I'm real excited about it, this will be my first next gen console since my N64.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Halo rocks on DD 5.1. You get to hear aliens behind you, in front of you, to the right of you, etc.

Not much center channel use (if at all) however.

Still an awesome experience, especially if you have a sub for the covenent dropship landings. Secure the pictures to your walls!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks