Xbox custom soundtrack sound levels

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Kirkpatri, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Jason Kirkpatri

Jason Kirkpatri Second Unit

Just a quick question for those of you who have used the custom soundtrack option:

When you record various CDs to your Xbox, do you hear the different recording levels on playback? I'm wondering if you're playing a game that supports this feature, are you going to hear different sound levels from one song to another (like you do on custom ripped CDs)?

2. Thom B

Thom B Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, I've definitely noticed that. Wish there was some kind of normaization for this. I've dropped tracks from the few cd's which are abnormally quiet. My only experience is with Project Gotham. Hopefully they'll come up with some kind of fix.

T

3. John Kilroy

John Kilroy Stunt Coordinator

I've experienced this on several games; it is annoying. I guess MS could have implemented an "auto gain" feature that would bump up quiet tracks, but this type of processing has its own set of problems.

MS probably thought that there was some reference level at which all CDs are recorded. Silly them.