xbox controller extensions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Gibson, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Jeff Gibson

Jeff Gibson Auditioning

I have a dedicated ht room with the equipment rack located in an adjacent room. I want to locate the Xbox console in the equipment room. Sound and video will not be a problem as I can plug the unit directly into the receiver. The problem lies in the controllers. In order to control the game from the seating area, there's a mess of cable on the floor. What I'd like to do is put in an outlet that the controllers can plug into right behind the couch. However this is difficult because of the interconnects.

Does anyone know if any jacks or compatible terminals are available so that I can accomplish this. Or are there any pre-made cables available(longer than the 7 footers I've been able to find)? I need approximate length of 20 feet.

If not I guess I'll be forced to splice into the available controller extension cables, definitely not the prettiest solution.

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Trevor Harveaux

Trevor Harveaux Stunt Coordinator

I'd use cordless controllers. No cords, no mess. You can even get wireless headsets (saw one at Target today for $69, its for a cell phone) for LIVE.

3. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

I posted the very same question in this thread. It's not looking promising. The current wireless controllers for the Xbox aren't that compelling either as they don't directly support XBL (no accessory slots). I'm not going to mess around with a separate wireless headset to accomplish this. That and I generally don't like third part controllers. So I'm going to sit tight and see what Microsoft produces for a wireless product.
    There are a number of threads running in this forum on wireless controllers that you can check out as well.
    --Jay