What's new

XBOX conference (1 Viewer)

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Morgan:
just out of curiousity, which looks better for cel shading: Zelda or Jet Set Radio Future? Zelda had no jaggies or even hints of polygons, plus it ran at full 60 fps in very early stages and was real gameplay footage. I wonder if JSRF will look as good.
Have you seen the videos for JSRF? They really are impressive. Actually, that's a monster of an understatement--they are incredible! I'll be honest, when I first saw screenshots of this game I didn't like it. I thought it was too cartoony, I guess. But then I downloaded the four trailer videos, and saw the error of my ways. I know you're a Nintendo fan primarily, but if you haven't seen them, you really ought to take a look for yourself.
As for Zelda, I couldn't d/l the video at work, but I did look at some screenshots. Again, cel-shading just isn't that impressive to me in still frames, so I really can't draw an accurate comparison. Still, in looking at them with a new appreciation for cel-shading thanks to JSRF, I can say it certainly isn't the disaster that a lot of people are moaning about. From what I saw it looked very nice.
Just one additional thought--drawing comparisons between these two games on any basis but the way they look on the surface is probably useless. They are completely different games. If JSRF plays as fast as those videos seem to indicate, I doubt anyone will have time to ooh and ahh over the visuals--that game is blazing fast!
If you get the chance, why don't you check it out and let us know what you think?
------------------
--Dave
"You know what poison is? An eight-year-old girl filled with deceit. That's poison."
--Jade Fox
[Edited last by Dave Falasco on August 29, 2001 at 06:12 PM]

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Squaresoft said that they will make FFXI for PC, PS2, and possibly some other platform (X-Box or GameCube). I doubt they would announce Final Fantasy X for X-Box or GameCube (they won't announce it for PC, its just a given) this much after its Japanese release. I could see them making FFXII for XB or GCN if FFXI is successful on XB or GCN, but that would be at least a year away (the announcement).
Is there something that you have heard that we haven't?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I was asking that and meant "tell us what you know or give us some sort of hint." I seriously doubt FFX will be on X-Box, but if you can prove otherwise, I'm all ears.

Gary King

Second Unit
Who said anything about FFX?
I've been hearing the same things from Microsoft for about the past six months regarding several unannounced issues. Unless the status of those projects has changed, you should learn about them in due time.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If Square was to put a game on the X-Box, I could see them remaking The Bouncer for the 5.1 in real-time and high-def, but I can't seem to think of any other games they would put on it. Maybe Kingdom Hearts, but thats a Disney game and I'm not sure how Disney-ish the XB is. There is that one game they are making, but I forget what its called.
Are they making a Final Fantasy game for the X-Box?

Gary King

Second Unit
Square has lots of award-winning, highly profitable franchises, and is developing many titles which may or may not ever see the light of day (like most developers).
You don't think Square announced FF7 would be developed on the Playstation the same day they decided, do you?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
You don't think Square announced FF7 would be developed on the Playstation the same day they decided, do you?
Actually, FF7 was originally developed for the N64, but they realized that cartridges would be more difficult to develop a full RPG on like FF7.
If there was anything I would like to see Square do, it would be to release Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9 for GCN, PS2, and X-Box. They're already remaking them, and playing FF9 in high def with 5.1 would be sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks