1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

XBOX conference

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kelly Scott Rickards, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Kelly Scott Rickards

Kelly Scott Rickards Stunt Coordinator

Lots of info here:
    http://xbox.ign.com/
    Check out the DOA3, JSRF and SEGA GT 2002 movies in particular...

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I don't want to start a flame war, but I think its worth pointing out that the amount of time between the X-Box launch in America and Japan is larger than the time between the American and Japanese launches of the GCN. People were talking about how releasing the GCN in America 10 days after the XB was a bad idea, yet the XB comes out in Japan 5 months after the GCN. What is my point? That the launch timing debate on the GCN and XB should be agreed to be over since each console is coming out after the other one in one way or another.

3. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

And maybe we should also point out that the GC launch in Japan was already delayed.
    ------------------

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

The GCN launch in Japan and America may have been delayed, but they are only 2 months from eachother and the first one is in September, compared to the XB's 3 months apart and starting in November. The GCN hardware was available and ready quicker than the XB, and the launch dates prove it. I am trying to say that the launch dates are not important in how the console performs and that the argument is pretty much over (or should be).

5. Kelly Scott Rickards

Anybody want to talk about the games???
    I mean Ridge Racer 6, Persona, Soul Calibur 2, Dead to Rights, Jet Set Radio Future, Gun Valkerie, DOA3, Murakamo, Sega GT 2002....these are cool looking/sounding XBOX games!!
    [Edited last by Kelly Scott Rickards on August 27, 2001 at 04:24 PM]

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Just thought I would mention that the fourth game from Namco wasn't Tekken 4. So far, that is only on the PS2.

8. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Jet Set Radio Future looks fantastic! I just hope that they clear up some of the control issues from the first game. That huge spiral looks pretty funky. [​IMG] I can't wait to get my hands on Gunvalkyrie as well. On one of the gaming sites today, it was mentioned that Aerosmith is contributing songs to DOA3. I realllly hope that this turns out false, or at least that their involvement isn't that prevalent.
    -Dave
    ------------------
    DVD List

9. Bryce D

Bryce D Extra

Hey! Wheres all the people that should be in here pissing and moaning, and throwing a temper tantrum about how the X-Box doesnt have any Japanese developers, and how bragging about how much mario fondles their nuts?
    Oh...wait, maybe its becuase now that companys like Tecmo, Sega, and Namco are showing off their warez, they have no room to speak.
    Thank you please come agian, your change is .98¢, shop smart, shop S-Mart.

10. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Morgan going off topic within this thread:

11. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Camp-
    Those were 2 different circumstances. This thread is about the X-Box conference, and I was relating information that was released at this conference to information that was released at SpaceWorld (Nintendo's 3-day conference). Also, I was trying to end the argument that the GCN was bad because it is coming out after the X-Box in America. I was flipping the argument around in order to try to get people to agree that the release dates are not that important since both consoles have bad release times (next year in Japan for the XB, 10 days after the XB for the GCN).

12. BrianB

BrianB Producer

13. Kelly Scott Rickards

14. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

Well sure was a great day for the Xbox. Fantastic news considering that I was expecting a March Japan launch date. Too bad no Square anouncements but I'm not giving up hope yet. Sega GT 2002 looks Wicked! can't wait to play that.
    Dean

15. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

Microsoft has a huge booth for Fall TGS (which happens between now and the NA launch)... I'm expecting quite a few big announcements then. I've been hearing a couple of titles mentioned repeatedly for the past 6 or 7 months as internal rumors (sadly, not everyone on the Xbox team knows everything about upcoming unannounced Xbox software).
    If even half of these rumors turn out to be true, there will be plenty to drool over this October.

16. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

17. Dave W

Dave W Stunt Coordinator

SEVERAL cool looking and solid games coming out for XBox now... DOA3, SegaGT, Halo, Munch and others - but am I the only one that saw the Rumor post on IGN about a new Sam N Max game exclusive to XBox?!? It was pretty much confirmed but they didn't outright list the develpoer, thats all... Best Adventure game EVER

18. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

19. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

quote:
    IGN about a new Sam N Max game exclusive to XBox?!? It was pretty much confirmed but they didn't outright list the develpoer, thats all... Best Adventure game EVER
    [/quote]
    Ok, up till now, no game for X-Box had me terribly excited. If this is true, I might not be able to say that anymore... depending on what type of game it is.
    ------------------
    [Edited last by Graeme Clark on August 28, 2001 at 10:39 PM]

20. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor