What's new

Xbox Commercials (1 Viewer)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
At the end of the XBox TV spots they have the Xbox logo break out of the black background. Am I the only one who oddly expects to hear an audio track that says "Play-Sta-Shun!"

I don't know why but every time I see one of these ads I wait for that. I think advertisers have fried my brain.

Jason_H

Second Unit
I don't know, but I do think their logo bites (which obviously is no reflection on the quality of the system). It is just bad marketing in my opinion...at the end of the commercial they have that vague "breaking" sound with the lame logo. On the other hand, who doesn't INSTANTLY recognize the "blip" sound Sony uses for the PS2 or, in the older days, the guy screaming "SEGA!" at the end of their commercials.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Microsoft really could have gotten a better logo, but with the hype surrounding the console (and the power), they don't need one.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
I keep waiting for a face-hugger to jump out of it. Love the system, but don't really care for the logo. Come to think of it, I don't really care for the Game Cube one either.

Dean

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The GameCube logo is sort of reminiscent of the N64 logo, plus its a cube shape, which is why they used it. I think its neat and pretty ingenious in a way, but the X-Box one is just ugly.

Not trying to say bad stuff about the X-Box, but the green and black color scheme for EVERYTHING is really ugly.

Then again, the GameCube purple isn't that great either. And why do they keep releasing new handhelds in purple colors? GBC and GBA both had purple and clear purple at launch, and now the GCN has indigo.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
I like both the X-Box and the GC logos. From a design perspective, they both make a lot of sense.
IMHO, of course :)

Dan B

Screenwriter
I couldn't care less about the logos. :p)

The advertisements have been pretty decent this year, too. Xbox ads have been very persistent, & PS2 ads are all over the place as well. I've seen far fewer Gamecube ads than the others, but perhaps it's just the channels I watch.

-Dan

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
For some reason, GameCube ads are on TV later than other ads for other consoles. Nintendo also spent only around $75 million for their ad campaign, and being Nintendo helped them sell consoles. They really didn't even need an ad campaign to make money.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
They really didn't even need an ad campaign to make money.
Well, obviously Nintendo felt that they did -otherwise they just wasted $75 million dollars. I think that the higher-up's at Nintendo would disagree with you on that one, Morgan.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They did need an ad campaign, but not as much as MS since MS is the new guy. There are enough hardcore gamers and Nintendo fans to sell enough of Nintendo's latest hardware (whatever it may be) without an ad campaign.

Actually, I think the GBA had a pretty small ad campaing compared to the GCN and was a huge success.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks