Xbox Can <expletive delted> <expletive deleted>

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Doug Miller, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Doug Miller

Doug Miller Supporting Actor

Doug Miller
    I'm going to have to rant for a minute. I just had one of the worst customer service experiences ever!
    I've had lock up problems with NCAA 2003 (which I posted about initially) After exchanging the game 3 different times, I started to wonder if maybe there was a hardware upgrade issue at fault. I just bought the latest OXM to check out the DOA Volleyball demo (yeah, yeah) and sure enough it won't recognize the disc. Now instead of kinda sure, now I'm pretty sure there's an upgrade issue.
    I bought the service contract on the box which ran about $30 or whatever. I called the customer service line -- after being on hold for 5 minutes I get a rep that should not be working the phones. While trying to explain the problem I was having, she cleared her throat to interrupt me TWICE! (In addition, when I told her I was having problems with the Official Xbox Magazine disc, she told me they don't recommend using those disc, that that's not covered by warranty. Then why the hell is it called the OFFICIAL Xbox Magazine?!) When she asked about the warranty I told her I bought the plan, she asked for my phone number and said maybe I bought the plan at a retailer. I told her I had the contract number and she says "I'm gonna have to hold" I'm on hold for another 10 minutes. She found me in the computer (never did take my contract number that I had in front of me) and has a pre-paid shipping box coming.
    I will get the shipout box in 4 days, then receive my repaired unit in 14 days. I asked her if I was getting my unit back, she said I would, but that all of my memory would be deleted (so now I have to spend $30 on a memory card -- so much for my 50000 + blocks of memory). 18 DAYS?! Give me a break! I'm 30 miles from Microsoft!
    Super service I've received. On the phone for over 20 minutes to find out I'll be without a working Xbox for 18 days at a minimum. How's YOUR experience been with them?
    [​IMG]
    Doug

2. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

I don't have an XBox but if I do get one, I think I'd definitely get an in store replacement plan after hearing horror stories such as this one.

3. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

One word.
    Nintendo.
    [​IMG]

4. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

At least you bought the service plan. My brother had to pay $100 to get his fixed.

5. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

PS2 dude....PS2

6. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Yeah, 'cause they don't have any problems. {/sarcasm} [​IMG]
    -Dave

7. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

Wait...the DOA Xtreme Volleyball demo is on the new disc!!!??? I saw this mag today and didnt buy it because it didnt list the demos. The mag had the project gotham 2 cover. If the demo is on it I am so there!!!

8. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

9. Jeff Peake

Jeff Peake Supporting Actor

So I guess I dont see what you are so mad about. You had about 15 minutes of on-hold time, not too bad. You are gonna get your XBox fixed.... 2.5 weeks doesnt sound too unreasonable a time.

If this is one of your worst customer service experiences ever, you are very lucky!

What could they have done to make you happy???

Jeff

10. Sean Moon

So...whats the word on the DOA demo then folks! Me and my girlfriend are dying to play this!(She is actually more excited than I am)

11. Doug Miller

Doug Miller Supporting Actor

Doug Miller
    Guys -- DOA Volleyball preview, not demo. Sorry if I caused some confusion there... I'm sure it's just the online preview, but it would be cool to see bigger. (Although how sure am I since it won't work in my machine? [​IMG])
    Jeff -- Quite honestly, the time while frustrating, isn't my main gripe. I was disappointed in the service from the phone rep. In terms of phone service, whether from the bank or the pizza place down the road (etc.) she was the rudest person I'd ever talked to. (I just couldn't really describe it totally without falling into a string of profanities.) I didn't like that they couldn't find my contract, that they wouldn't recognize at first the problems I was having with my unit, then I was annoyed that I have to go out and by a memory card too now to save all my stuff.
    I think what's maddening (although in a way a benefit of the Xbox I guess) is that I think this is going to happen to a lot of us. With the onboard memory you know that they will require firmware upgrades -- when will they start sending out discs free of charge? Or are they just going to make the customer spend a $100 to send it in and upgrade it every year when they make an advancement in the games?
    Just frustrating, man. Really frustrating.
    Doug

12. Sean Moon

Ummm...as far as I know they will never require you to upgrade. I have had my Xbox since day one and have had no problems with it. I believe one of the main focuses of the Xbox was no upgrading needed(except the headset for XBLive).

Also, just got the DOA video. Great looking stuff, but comes through all interlaced and flickering on my HDTV. Maybe the video wasnt supposed to be progressive.
    The Ninja Gaiden video on here though is amazing! Looks like a much prettier version of Devil May Cry, which was damn pretty to begin with!

13. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Doug, if you are ever having a problem like that again, just ask to speak to the boss. In my experiences, the boss will be friendlier and more willing to help.

14. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Second Unit

well doug im sorry you had a rude rep. the few times i've delt with xbox they have been incredible. and honestly if she was that rude then she may not know whats she's talking about with the save issue. they take every possible precaution when it comes to the previous saves. if they can get around it they will, but sometimes there's no other way. maybe there is something up with your drive and not the HARDdrive and you'll get it back in A+ condition.. so basically.. don't give up hope. [​IMG]

15. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    There's nothing like having the in-store replacement warranty, like E.B. does.

I had to take mine back for disc read errors. Walked into EB with my old 'Box, walked out with a new one.

HIGHLY recommend it if anyone purchases an Xbox there.

16. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

18 days doesn't seem too bad to wait, especially when you have to wait 4 days for the shipping box. That's supposed to be a maximum anyways. It's always possible that you could get it sooner although it will probably not.

17. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

18. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

What's wrong with the Mad Catz cards? I am actually thinking about getting one or 2 cards to serve as a backup for a few key games and for the occasional time that I want to play Outlaw Golf at a friends house and keep my juiced up characters. $10 sure sounds better than $25.

19. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

20. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter