What's new

Xbox Can <expletive delted> <expletive deleted> (1 Viewer)

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
I'm going to have to rant for a minute. I just had one of the worst customer service experiences ever!
I've had lock up problems with NCAA 2003 (which I posted about initially) After exchanging the game 3 different times, I started to wonder if maybe there was a hardware upgrade issue at fault. I just bought the latest OXM to check out the DOA Volleyball demo (yeah, yeah) and sure enough it won't recognize the disc. Now instead of kinda sure, now I'm pretty sure there's an upgrade issue.
I bought the service contract on the box which ran about $30 or whatever. I called the customer service line -- after being on hold for 5 minutes I get a rep that should not be working the phones. While trying to explain the problem I was having, she cleared her throat to interrupt me TWICE! (In addition, when I told her I was having problems with the Official Xbox Magazine disc, she told me they don't recommend using those disc, that that's not covered by warranty. Then why the hell is it called the OFFICIAL Xbox Magazine?!) When she asked about the warranty I told her I bought the plan, she asked for my phone number and said maybe I bought the plan at a retailer. I told her I had the contract number and she says "I'm gonna have to hold" I'm on hold for another 10 minutes. She found me in the computer (never did take my contract number that I had in front of me) and has a pre-paid shipping box coming.
I will get the shipout box in 4 days, then receive my repaired unit in 14 days. I asked her if I was getting my unit back, she said I would, but that all of my memory would be deleted (so now I have to spend $30 on a memory card -- so much for my 50000 + blocks of memory). 18 DAYS?! Give me a break! I'm 30 miles from Microsoft!
Super service I've received. On the phone for over 20 minutes to find out I'll be without a working Xbox for 18 days at a minimum. How's YOUR experience been with them?
:angry:
Doug

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I don't have an XBox but if I do get one, I think I'd definitely get an in store replacement plan after hearing horror stories such as this one.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Wait...the DOA Xtreme Volleyball demo is on the new disc!!!??? I saw this mag today and didnt buy it because it didnt list the demos. The mag had the project gotham 2 cover. If the demo is on it I am so there!!!

Brian E

Screenwriter
Wait...the DOA Xtreme Volleyball demo is on the new disc!!!??? I saw this mag today and didnt buy it because it didnt list the demos. The mag had the project gotham 2 cover. If the demo is on it I am so there!!!
I hope there's something new on there. The last disc had seven demos on it and not one of them hadn't been on an earlier disc.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
So I guess I dont see what you are so mad about. You had about 15 minutes of on-hold time, not too bad. You are gonna get your XBox fixed.... 2.5 weeks doesnt sound too unreasonable a time.

If this is one of your worst customer service experiences ever, you are very lucky!

What could they have done to make you happy???

Jeff

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
So...whats the word on the DOA demo then folks! Me and my girlfriend are dying to play this!(She is actually more excited than I am)

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Guys -- DOA Volleyball preview, not demo. Sorry if I caused some confusion there... I'm sure it's just the online preview, but it would be cool to see bigger. (Although how sure am I since it won't work in my machine? :))
Jeff -- Quite honestly, the time while frustrating, isn't my main gripe. I was disappointed in the service from the phone rep. In terms of phone service, whether from the bank or the pizza place down the road (etc.) she was the rudest person I'd ever talked to. (I just couldn't really describe it totally without falling into a string of profanities.) I didn't like that they couldn't find my contract, that they wouldn't recognize at first the problems I was having with my unit, then I was annoyed that I have to go out and by a memory card too now to save all my stuff.
I think what's maddening (although in a way a benefit of the Xbox I guess) is that I think this is going to happen to a lot of us. With the onboard memory you know that they will require firmware upgrades -- when will they start sending out discs free of charge? Or are they just going to make the customer spend a $100 to send it in and upgrade it every year when they make an advancement in the games?
Just frustrating, man. Really frustrating.
Doug

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Ummm...as far as I know they will never require you to upgrade. I have had my Xbox since day one and have had no problems with it. I believe one of the main focuses of the Xbox was no upgrading needed(except the headset for XBLive).

Also, just got the DOA video. Great looking stuff, but comes through all interlaced and flickering on my HDTV. Maybe the video wasnt supposed to be progressive.
The Ninja Gaiden video on here though is amazing! Looks like a much prettier version of Devil May Cry, which was damn pretty to begin with!

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Doug, if you are ever having a problem like that again, just ask to speak to the boss. In my experiences, the boss will be friendlier and more willing to help.

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
well doug im sorry you had a rude rep. the few times i've delt with xbox they have been incredible. and honestly if she was that rude then she may not know whats she's talking about with the save issue. they take every possible precaution when it comes to the previous saves. if they can get around it they will, but sometimes there's no other way. maybe there is something up with your drive and not the HARDdrive and you'll get it back in A+ condition.. so basically.. don't give up hope. :)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
There's nothing like having the in-store replacement warranty, like E.B. does.

I had to take mine back for disc read errors. Walked into EB with my old 'Box, walked out with a new one.

HIGHLY recommend it if anyone purchases an Xbox there.

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
18 days doesn't seem too bad to wait, especially when you have to wait 4 days for the shipping box. That's supposed to be a maximum anyways. It's always possible that you could get it sooner although it will probably not.

That turnaround, while frustrating, isn't really bad. Most mfg service places will take 30 - 60 days.
No good service place would ever have that long of a wait. I had a service plan from Best Buy for my Compaq laptop and it took that long. I ended up getting a free brand-new upgraded computer worth seven hundred more than I originally paid for it. 30-60 days is very unacceptable for any product IMO and obviously Best Buy agreed.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
(so now I have to spend $30 on a memory card -- so much for my 50000 + blocks of memory
Go to Target. They have the Mad Catz memory cards for $10. I wouldn't recommend them for constant use, but for a brief back-up, they do the job just fine.

-Dean-

Lee L

Supporting Actor
What's wrong with the Mad Catz cards? I am actually thinking about getting one or 2 cards to serve as a backup for a few key games and for the occasional time that I want to play Outlaw Golf at a friends house and keep my juiced up characters. $10 sure sounds better than $25.

Brian E

Screenwriter
then I was annoyed that I have to go out and by a memory card too now to save all my stuff.
Rude phone service is of course unacceptable. Ask to speak to the supervisor next time. Doesn't always help, but these people seldom get any better unless folks complain. Sometimes you can get expedited service out of the deal too. I understand that having to buy a memory card sucks, but it's no different then having to do a backup before having a computer serviced. Just a guess, but unless it's a hd problem your stuff will probably still be there. The service people are probably supposed to tell you that they cannot guarantee the data will be there when you get it back.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
What's wrong with the Mad Catz cards? I am actually thinking about getting one or 2 cards to serve as a backup for a few key games and for the occasional time that I want to play Outlaw Golf at a friends house and keep my juiced up characters. $10 sure sounds better than $25.
Lee,
I am not sure about the X-box Mad Catz cards, but I know the PS2 and PSone mad catz cards were known for their data loss. However, I believe the X-box cards are authorized by MS so they may have more quality control behind them. I haven't experienced any data loss on my card yet and either has a friend of mine. Also, what you are going to use yours for is exactly what we use ours for. :)
-Dean-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks