What's new

XBox - Best Demo Material For DD 5.1??? (1 Viewer)

Joey_R

Stunt Coordinator
I find the sound effects on my XBox are amazing. I have failed to make notes regarding the which chapters of which games are the best for demonstrations. Anybody have any suggestions for the best demo material for XBox?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
My experience is still rather limited, but the score for JSRF has good split surround effects, and Jedi Starfighter had some good stuff too. I think we'll see a lot more dynamic 5.1 mixes in the newer games

LowellG

Stunt Coordinator
Halo or Amped either one. Halo, pretty much the whole game for friend/foe positions. Also sounds cool when laser fire goes zipping by your right or left side. Amped, it helps find the snowmen. Blood Wake, it's OK, nothing real special. DOA3 has it, but I don't really notice it.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I think the intro to Hunter:The Reckoning is the best use of 5.1 sound I have heard so far on the X-Box. It lacks a bit in the actual game, but the intro is killer.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Lowell, good call on Amped. That's one I forgot about, but I never would have found many of those pesky snowmen without listening very closely to where that "Hey! Amigo!" was coming from...

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Not only is the intro to Hunter good, but the sound during gameplay is also good (directionally speaking). Monsters can be heard from all 5 channels, as well as your shots hitting things in those directions. Too cool (and eerie). :emoji_thumbsup:

Joey_R

Stunt Coordinator
I recall the Warthog scenes in Halo are great. The chapter where you drive the Warthog along a gravel area is very realistic, with slides, gravel under tires, etc. Can't recall the chapter.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Halo. (even without any center channel content)
A good level would be "Halo", the part where covenant dropships keep coming in & your job is to protect as many marines as possible. Explosions & screaming in all directions, plus the bass-heavy dropships flying overhead. Good stuff. :emoji_thumbsup:

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Hunter has excellent (but subtle) usage of 5.1. At one point, I heard a demon spawn behind me & my character whipped around and shot him - all unseen, and solely on the basis of sound positioning. That was tooooo cool. :D
-Dave

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Wreckless is also a great title for sound and graphics. Just play with your view point and the engine moves accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks