XBOX Baseball Games

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith M., Jul 25, 2002.

1. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

Im not a real baseball fan, but was looking to pick up a baseball game due to my bordom of all the damn racing games recently...

What is the best available baseball game for the XBOX? Or are new ones coming in the near future to wait for?

Thanks in advance...

2. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

I have only played the two games for the XBox...World Series Baseball 2K3 by Sega and All Star Baseball 2003 by Acclaim. I have not tried the Triple Play series by EA simply because I heard it's not "sim" enough. Too arcady. Anyway, I much prefer WSB by Sega to ASB by Acclaim, but that view may not be shared by all here on the board. Both are good games, not great. Both have flaws. I think that WSB has better graphics, better franchise mode and better fielding (except you cannot jump for a ball at the wall). Both are very realistic. ASB has better stats tracking and probably better commentary IMO.

I don't know what's on the agenda for the future, but if I had to get a game right now, I'd go for WSB. I bought it in late May and am still playing it on a daily basis.

3. Bryan_ZZ

Bryan_ZZ Stunt Coordinator

I love Sega's World Series Baseball! Good graphics, good team management options.

Bryan

4. Peter Loan

Peter Loan Second Unit

Sega's WSB all the way...not even close. I'm having a lot of fun with this game.

5. Mike Pattee

Mike Pattee Second Unit

I've never been a big baseball fan. I watch a few innings here and there if something is actually on the line. I picked up Sega WSB since there wasn't anything else out that I wanted at the moment. All this game has done is increase my enjoyment of baseball. This game rocks and since I've been playing it I've found myself stopping on baseball games and watching more and more when I'm channel surfing. I've heard ASB is good also but WSB is amazing. I haven't owned a baseball game since bases loaded on 8-bit nintendo. My how the genre has grown. I played the demo of triple play but it was pretty sad. Especially now that I've played WSB. Bottom line is if you half way like baseball, buy this game.

Mike