What's new

XBox Audio Output Level? (1 Viewer)

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Did you guys find that the audio output seems to be weak compared to other sources? Both analog and digital. Working from the dashboard, I have to up the receiver volume up ten notches to hear it easily. I hear some games have volume controls, which will help. But I'm just trying to verify this is normal.

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
I've never used the analog output, but using the optical out doesn't seem any lower than my other systems.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Seems normal to me. I have to turn the volume down slightly going to xbox from most other things.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
My Xbox audio output (digital and analog) is a little weaker than my PS2 or GCN. Typically, I have to have set my receiver at around -40 for the Xbox and -45 to -48 for the other systems. When I crank it up, it sounds good, though, so no complaints from me! :D

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Mine is fine, too. In fact, it might be a little louder than my other sources. DVD playback is slightly lower, but not enough to complain about.

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the feedback guys. Did a little further studying and found I was on dope when I first hooked it up. Don't know why it was so low that day, but it is now just as loud as my PS2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks