What's new

XBox as DVD Player (1 Viewer)

Ok, I did a search and did not find anything on this topic. I have a 1272q projector and currently a Iscan Line Doubler with a JVC 65gd or something like that model player. I am interested in hearing what people say about DVD performance from there X-Box machines? I am wanting to upgrade my gaming syster (N64) and my brother had his XBox over this weekend but did not bring his remote for the DVD function. So, I started looking online, I see they have a VGA adapter for the Xbox, I am wondering if anyone has used this adapter to maybe plug into the Xbox, then a breakout cable to the projector. What kind of resolution would I get and I am thinking scan lines would be eliminated along with getting the HIdef kit to get the Dolby Digital. Just thinking of my options and how it would look and wondering if anyone else has done it.

Brad
Link Removed
http://www.hometheaterclubs.com/cgi-...ultimatebb.cgi

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Do a search for Xbox DVD in this forum, or check the games area at the avs foums. They get into all this goodness over there.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
The XBox doesn't do Progressive Scan for DVD movies, only games. That might change your mind about using it for a dvd player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks