What's new

XBOX as DVD Player Option (1 Viewer)

StaceyS

Stunt Coordinator
PCs don't have macrovision on the RGBHV (15-pin) output. Your computer monitor would not work if it did. :) Don't know for sure on the TV out, but I suspect they might.
If you want a low cost progressive scan DVD player, the RP56 is a steal. If you need aspect ratio control, then the RP91 is a good bet. If you want multi-disc then look at the Kenwood series. If you need region free or PAL, check out the Skyworth.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Stacy, do you happen to know if there will be anything official released on this in the near future?
------------------

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
They are probably OEMing like Theta and many others. In this case they do not have the same restrictions.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Thanks for that statement Stacey. I didn't know selling a player as OEM would lift the restrictions. Is this why the Theta DaVid II has SDI out? From what I've been told you can't have a digital video output on a DVD player. It's all getting a lot clearer... :)
What's the difference between selling a product the regular way and OEM? And what does it stand for?
------------------

Tim Hess

Second Unit
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer
Test Drive Wide Open will not be 1080i, FYI.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks