What's new

xbox and the component pack (1 Viewer)

Jaden Wong

Agent
I have an xbox and im going to buy on of those HDTV packs for the use of component cables. I havent purchased a HT system yet... i was wondering if i can plug the audio cables bak in the tele?????

If anyone has the HDTV pack what kind of audio cables do they issue for u to plug into the HT system? is it the standard red and yellow cables??? or coaxial????

By having component cables for the xbox, does the reciever have to sopport component cables????

sorry for being dumb but im a serious noob to all audio stuff

LeeH

Stunt Coordinator
Are you using a HDTV? I was in the same situation as you. If you are not using a HDTV then you could cause yourself some problems. There are four HDTV formats, 1080i, 720p, and 480i/p. Basically if your TV doesn't support any of these then just buy the advanced a/v pack. It has an S-Video output (I can't tell the difference between component and s-video when it comes to my x-box), Composite, analog l/r (red and yellow) audio, and an optical for full 5.1 in game Dolby Digital (it really is awesome). So when you do get a HT system you can hook up the optical cables.

LeeH

Stunt Coordinator
480i is only what your TV supports, which is truly not HD. You may want to leave the component inputs open for a DVD player, but if you don't have one then go for the HD pack. I think it would be a waste though because you can't actually use the High Definition capability (since your TV does not support it).
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks