Xbox and Samsung 567 DLP

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Doug Brown, Sep 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Auditioning

How can I get my Samsung 567 to accept an Xbox signal into either Component 2 or Component 3? It works on Component 1 and Video 1. But I have a progressive scan DVD player which also works only in Component 1.

What is different about Component 2 and Component 3?

2. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

If I understand you correctly your Xbox (presumably set to 480p capability in the dashboard) and progressive scan DVD player work in component input 1 but NOT 2 and 3. Perhaps only C1 is capable of receiving a progressive signal. Try configuring your Xbox dashboard so that 480p is not compatible. Or set your DVD player to interlaced mode and try C2 and C3. Alternatively take a look in the Samsung manual and see if you need to configure C2 and C3 to accept progressive signals. I can't imagine a monitor with three component inputs only having progressive capability on one.

3. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Auditioning

Figured it out. Plugged into Component 1. When you go to Dashboard and select Video, you now have the option of enabling the different display modes. Once you enable everything (480p, 720p, and 1080i), the other component inputs on the TV work fine.

4. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

Except for on the dashboard which is 480i. Samsung component 1 is 480i/480p only. Component 2 and 3 are 480p/720p/1080i only.