What's new

XBOX and component connection to projector (1 Viewer)

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I've just gotten an X1 projector and am trying to figure out what cables to run to it. At the moment, I'm using the base AV pack (forget what it's called...has svideo and digital audio), but that won't work because my DVD player will be connected to the svideo input on the X1 via the component - svideo adapter.

I figure I'll need to get the HD pack for the XBOX and run component video into the VGA input with the adapter. From what I understand, the X1 will only recognize a progressive signal through the VGA input. Are all XBOX games progressive? What about the dashboard?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
If you have a lot of interlaced sources (PS2, VCR, etc...) it may be a good solution to get a video processor/line doubler like the iScan Pro. Downside is they run for about $300 online. :frowning:

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
Well, I've got 2 long component cables ordered that should be here today....as of now I'm still using a flimsy composite cable.
Once my cables get here I'm going to play with some different configurations and see what works best for me.

I'll have a TV in the room too....I thought about splitting the green component cable and running a single cable to the TV composite input so I can get a B&W of the dashboard if I need to change any settings.

I've already spend enough on the PJ, screen and cables, so I'm not really up for any more big purchases now. Plus, I don't really plan to use any other interlaced sources (maybe the occasional VCR feed, but other than that.....)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks