xbox and cdr compatability

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Nguyen, Dec 12, 2001.

1. James Nguyen

James Nguyen Second Unit

here's a nifty link where people have started to submit various brands of CDR and CDRW discs and their results with getting them to be recognized by their xbox..
    all entries specify the brand and media name, the application used to burn, the speed burned and the results..
    quite handy. [​IMG]
    http://xbox.aimx.net/

2. Jeff Peake

Jeff Peake Supporting Actor

Dont all brands of CDRW's work?? I have used several types of CDRW's, burned with CDRWin and WinXP Media Player, and it has always worked.

Jeff

3. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Any idea on what's the cheapest CDR that works for XBox? I know Spinco works but those are supposed to be expensive.

4. James Nguyen

James Nguyen Second Unit

I've found PNY cdr media for quite cheap locally here.... I'm goign to try a burn later tonight or over the weekend to test it out and see if I can confirm what the web site is reporting right now....

5. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

can I assume these CDRs would work if I turned them into VCDs?

6. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

Can you burn MP3s and use them with a CDRW in the Xbox or do they have to be wav files. Also, what about WMA format, can that be used?

7. AndyVX

AndyVX Supporting Actor

I've used various CDR's and none of them have worked. I've even tried using a Trance CD that I borrowed from a friend(which he bought from a CD store) and that didn't work...it's some sort of independent release if that explains anything.

Every other retail CD works though.