Xbox 480p/720p/1080i

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by EmoryS, Aug 14, 2003.

Tags:
  1. EmoryS

EmoryS Extra

Hello fellow Home Theater Forum members,

I have a question...

In general, when connecting an X-box to a projector (LCD or DPL) is it better to go 480i into a scaler for deinterlacing and scaling or 480p/720p/1080i (for those games that support these) directly into the projector? I know there are numerous variables (quality of the scaler in the projector, is the projector able to accept 1:1 pixel mapping from an external scaler, etc.) but all things being considered what is the best path to take?

Thank-you.

EmoryS

2. Nate Wh

Nate Wh Agent

I'm using a X1 with my xbox and the 480i vs 480p was a noticible difference..

I would go the 480p route.. since there are only a handful of games that don't support 480p...

Also WSB2k3 and TonyHawk4 in 720p are just amazing.. WSB2k3 is by far my fav right now though infoar of graphics and gameplay quality/fun factor [​IMG]

Hope that helps.

-n8

3. Ryan FB

Ryan FB Second Unit

I'd go the 480p route as well. The only possible frustration with the XBox is, if your projector doesn't properly take interlaced input on the component/DVI (I transcode my component outs), the 480i-only dashboard will be hell. [​IMG]

If you've ever seen an N64 emulator's output compared to a normal N64's output, think of the graphical quality difference between the two...that's what I first thought of when I finally switched to using 480p on my systems.