What's new

Xbox 3rd Party Controllers (1 Viewer)

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
I've always stuck to name brand controllers until yesterday when I saw that the Interact PowerPad controllers for Xbox were only $20 (thats half the price of the MS ones). They looked exactly the same, so I picked up a pair to try at home.

What a mistake! These controllers are terrible. You have to push the buttons really hard to get a response, and about every 5 or 10 minutes while playing Halo you get the "please reconnect controller" message on screen, even though the controllers are plugged in. I looked around on the internet last night and lots of people are having the same problems.

Just wanted to warn everybody not to get the Interact controllers! If you don't want to spend the $40 for a new MS controller, I read that the Mad Catz controllers are really good. I'm gonna take the Interacts back and get some MS ones!

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
I heard the same thing about the Mad Catz controllers. As an added bonus the Mad Catz controllers are a little smaller than the standard X-Box controllers so gamers, like myself, who don't like the size of the standard controllers won't be left out in the cold.

Chad Parks

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Mad Catz Pro one (there are two Mad Catz, so make SURE you get the Pro). It's smaller than the normal XBox controller, it has rubber grips on the edges, and most importantly THE BUTTONS ARE BETTER PLACED! They're further apart, and I'm having less trouble with hitting a specific button. It makes a huge difference is DOA3. It has a 9-ft cord with a breakaway switch like the XBox controller too...

I would definitely recommend it.

Bill Harada

Stunt Coordinator
My experience with the Mad Catz Controller Pad Pro is less than favorable. On mine, the right joystick lacks sensitivity so trying to control the gunsight in Halo was incredibly difficult. It also acts like it's accelerated in that the further the stick is pushed the faster it moves.
I also found the buttons a lot stiffer than those on the MS controller.
If others have better experience with theirs let me know. Target won't take it back for a refund, but if I have a defective one I'll exchange it.
Bill

Chad Parks

Stunt Coordinator
I think the buttons are MUCH more confortable on the Pro than on the standard XBox controller, but that's me.

I didn't notice any of the stick issues you're having either.

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
I'm interested in hearing about the Saitek controller. I look forward to your review.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Justin: MS is releasing a smaller version of the controller for the Japanese market. They are also going to release that same controller here. Many with smaller hands have said good things about it. If you have big hands like me, I recommend you stick with the controller for a while and see if it grows on you. If you have smaller hands, that Japanese controller should be here in a couple of months.

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
Ryan,

I don't have a problem with the MS ones, I find them quite comfortable. I just bought the Interact controllers to save a little money. What a mistake!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks