What's new

Xbox 360 HD DVD Add-on price drop -> $50 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Also, Circuit City and Best Buy have both reduced the price on the Xbox 360 HD DVD add-on to $49.99, and if you buy it before Feb. 28, 2008, you are eligible to get the 5 free HD DVD promotion for HD DVD player purchases. The selection in the 5 free HD DVD promotion is not all that great, but you might find something you like. Also, King Kong HD DVD is bundled inside the Xbox 360 HD DVD add-on.

Buy the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player w/King Kong HD-DVD and other Xbox 360 accessories at circuitcity.com

Microsoft - HD DVD Player for Xbox 360 - 9Z5-00013

You can connect the add-on HD DVD drive to your PC via USB, and use PowerDVD Ultra to play HD DVDs on your PC (though you'll need to use the VGA output to your monitor, or a HDCP compable monitor via DVI.

Unfortunately, PowerDVD Ultra isn't too cheap, so that's the big monkeywrench.

Using the Xbox 360 HD DVD Add-on Drive in Windows | Articles - Digital Digest

Ever want to see the guts of this add-on:

Hacking the XBox 360’s HD-DVD for the PC

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Three weeks ago I was still sitting out the format war. Once WB dropped their bombshell I bought a PS3 and today I bought the Xbox 360 HD-DVD add-on for 50 bucks. Crazy days indeed.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
Just picked up the add-on for $45 at EB Games in Canada. Should serve well as a backup to my A1.

Maurice Verploegen

Stunt Coordinator
Diddo,

Picked on up at my local BB today for $49. The last one they had on the shelf. I just wanted a back up for my AX2. Plus this one goes into my bedroom for now.

You should have seen the face of the clerk when I told him that I thought it was a great deal. "yeah, but the format is dead" he said as he smirked at me. I just let it go, smiled at him and left the store happy. I am now picking up HD-DVD's everywhere on-line for great prices. It is a good time now (I think) to invest in HD-DVD a little more......again, great prices.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZeppelinDude93
Recent bookmarks