1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox 360 Component in the box after all?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chris Bardon, Jun 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Not sure about the accuracy of this site, but it's at least a decent suggestion:

Xbox 360 Accessories

From the link:

Hopefully this news isn't fake, since I think it'd be crazy to force us to buy separate HD cables for a console that's supposed to usher in the "HD Era". A little ballsy not including a standard set of RCA cables-maybe they'll come up with a way to use the HD cables for both connection options? It could probably be done with a cable block and multiple plugs (HD video + digital Audio or RCA A/V).

I predict that with these new consoles will come more affordable HD switch boxes though-I know that I'll need one!

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

The component cables also has a set of RCA jacks on it.

3. JoseEduardo

JoseEduardo Second Unit

The pictures are real, I work for Best Buy and Microsoft has sent us the same pictures on our retail xbox 360 training.
    I'm dissapointed they are not including a DVI or HDMI direct connections to the xbox 360..........

4. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

DVI would be cool but component will suit me just fine. [​IMG]

5. Chris Bardon

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a 1st party DVI adapter released at some point, but I'm just glad that there'll be component cables included out of the box. No word on digital audio yet, although I'm assuming that there'll be an optical port on the box. It'd be insane to have component video cables, but require you to buy a separate adapter (in addition to a cable) for dolby digital audio.

6. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

The component cables that come with the 360 have a thing where you hook up an optical cable. So if you have one, hold onto it. If not, make sure you get yourself one because MS isn't including an optical cable in the box.

Brion

7. Chris Bardon

Yeah, I wouldn't expect an optical cable in the box, but it's good that there's at least a plug for it. Of course, I don't have room for another optical input on my receiver now... might have to look for a component switcher-or just buy a new receiver at some point!

8. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

Although most people probably know this already, the cables for the current Xbox will also work with the 360. That's good news for folks who shelled out extra money for the Monster Cables!

9. Mike Fassler

Mike Fassler Supporting Actor

Psyclone makes a great set of cables for xbox and it has built in Optical cable connections as well. I think I paid around 50 bucks for it at circuit city. and it is 13' in length.

http://www.psyclonecables.com/products.html