Xbox 360 back compatability problems?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chris Bardon, Jan 5, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Just wondering if anyone else here has tried running many original Xbox games on the 360, and whether they've noticed any problems with them. I tried popping in Fable the other night, and noticed that not only does it not run in widescreen (don't know if it ever did though), but the framerate is very choppy. I know that this is emulated, but I expected something a little better than this for an officially supported solution.

I don't know how huge a feature back compatability is for most people, but it'd definitely be nice to have. I still have a bunch of original Xbox games that I haven't finished, and was probably going to play them on the 360 if I could. I don't have enough component inputs for the old Xbox, and I've gotten used to the wireless controllers already and don't want to go back to wires [​IMG]

2. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

When my friend picked up his 360 I tried out Forza Motorsport. It had a choppy kind of feel to the whole game. Not just while driving but with menu selections and such. There was this choppiness. The games are run off the harddrive so I don't know why it would be so slow. Maybe the 360 harddrive is not so fast. I dont know.

After that I decided that I will continue to play XBox games in a XBox and play 360 games in a 360.