What's new

X2: X-Men United - still no announcement, looking more like a late November release:( (1 Viewer)

Britton

Screenwriter
Sweet, now I can get this without worrying about getting X-Men 2.5 just so I can have a DTS track.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
2 commentaries, sweet, but pardon my ignorance and laziness but who are Lauren Schuler Donner, Ralph Winter, Michael Dougherty, Dan Harris and David Hayter?

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
2 commentaries, sweet, but pardon my ignorance and laziness but who are Lauren Schuler Donner, Ralph Winter, Michael Dougherty, Dan Harris and David Hayter?
Lauren Schuler Donner(wife of Richard Donner of Lethal Weapon and Superman fame) and Ralph Winter are the producers of X2. And Michael Dougherty, Dan Harris and David Hayter are the writers.
Hayter is also voice of Solid Snake of the Metal Gear Solid series if you're a big Video game freak like I am. :D

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Is there any explanation why we have to wait that long ?
It's released an entire month earlier in Australia - so the extras should be finished by then.
'The Matrix Retarded' was in the cinemas two weeks later and will be released on DVD six weeks earlier.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

it will be the biggest, newest dvd release when Black Friday rolls around 3 days later.
no other good reason i can see.
Sider-man had a first week in May theatrical opening and a 1st week in Nov dvd release and it didn't do too bad in either case.
an October 31st friday relase would have been cool if they didn't want to street it the same day as Nemo (even Indy moved way from that day).

oh well.
good movie, but by dragging out the dvd release past Indy, Nemo, Matrix, LOTR, etc its going to probably seem a bit anti-climactic.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
UK 15 days earlier
Oz 27 days earlier
Japan 74 days earlier

whatever happened to Region 1 being the first?

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Waiting until Nov does indeed suck a big one. But I have no doubt that this will be a killer DVD. I expect nothing short of reference quality from it, seeing as how the previous 2 versions of Xmen were reference, and fox is consistent with great DVDs, especially Daredevil this year.

And so glad to hear DTS on here. Was getting scared that only Japan was going to get a DTS track, which woulda been a big load of BS.

RexW

Stunt Coordinator
"Japan 74 days earlier"

But I'll still be waiting until October to get Daredevil.
Oh well, I can just keep re-watching X-Men and X-Men 2 until then.

Demetri K

Stunt Coordinator
Here in japan it is out Sept. 12. I just put mine on preorder yesterday!!! That is wierd that it is coming out here first.

James Reader

Screenwriter
I guess more and more films (Chicago too anyone?) are coming out first internationally because

(1) they are getting worldwide cinematic release dates
(2) studios know non-R1 countries import

anyhow according to Blackstar there will be a single disc and double disc X2 release in the UK.

Single Disc
Double Disc

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Everyone been to www.superherohype.com yet? They have the list and movie files of the deleted scenes. I dont know if these are promos showing what the scenes might be, or if they are truly the scenes from the DVD. Most of them are short and not much, but some are kinda cool. The extended Wolvie/Deathstrike fight is cool...only a few more seconds, but still cool.
Overall, if this is truly ALL that the scenes will be on the disc, I am a bit disappointed. But if its just a tease, then I am fine.
Either way though...as long as the transfer and sound rock, the extras are just icing

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks