What's new

X2: X-Men United - still no announcement, looking more like a late November release:( (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
The Rumor Mill at thedigitalbits.com was rumoring a September 12th release date on July 28th and told us to watch for an official announcement soon.

My connection at Fox is saying Nov 25th and seeing as the pre-book date for an September 12th release would be around Aug 8th or Aug 22nd at the latest, I suspect my source may be right.

Even an October release would be a bit of a last minute announcement by now. Look at the rest of the big October titles already announced.

10/7 Hollywood Homicide
10/7 In-Laws
10/14 Matrix Reloaded
10/21 Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
10/21 Italian Job
10/28 Hulk

If it was coming in October it would have probably been announced by now, even some November releases are being announced already.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
What's the problem with announcing it late ?
Do you think that if they announce it two weeks before release the shops are going to say "You announced it too late so we're not going to sell it!" ?
They still have more than enough time to announce it and start the advertising for a mid-September release.
They've probably decided to make a short but powerful advertising campaign instead of announcing it months in advance. Just look at the many posts about this - they've created more publicity by not announcing it yet than they would've created by announcing it.

I'm really surprised actually.. Considering it was out a good few weeks before the Matrix it got jumped by that announcement. My feeling is that they also wanted some seperation between the Matrix, the Hulk and Nemo announcements..

I'd expect it this week... and T3 announcement should be soon too...

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Sven,

The problem is they need a certain period for distributors & retailers to input their orders (usually at least 4 weeks) then once the figures are in, they need a period to plan the production (usually around 5 weeks).

I've hardly ever seen an announcement under 2 months of release date, never mind 1 month.

Tim,

I suspect the last week in October sounds about right for an announcement this week and suspect the rest of the world will follow, ie Japan move back from Sep 12 to Oct 24 or 31, UK move forward from Nov 24 to Oct 27 & North America set at Oct 28.

Only trouble is it'll go head to head with Hulk!

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I find it hard to believe that it'll come out in R4 before here. Does this happen often?

It rarely, if ever happens for a USA movie, especially one the size of X-Men. Most likely we are looking at a Worldwide Release Date.

James Reader

Screenwriter
It's happening more and more, as Studios wise up to the fact that all of the world imports R1 titles into their own countries, but most of America doesn't import any other region's titles.

Daredevil for example? Another Fox/Marvel title?

Anyhow - so what if X2 comes out in Nov, Dec or next year. Didn't most of you complain about X-MEN 1.5? "If they couldn't do it right first time then they shouldn't have bothered"?

How do you expect them to do X2 "right" if they have to rush release it?

Ater all there's already loads of DVDs to enjoy between now and the end of 2003 - what's the big issue?

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Ater all there's already loads of DVDs to enjoy between now and the end of 2003 - what's the big issue?
The big issue is that almost everything else this year has been a big disappointment.
Matrix Retarded, Hulk, Bad Boys 2- one big disappointment after the other.
Apart from the Indy Boxset, the EE of Two Towers and Pirates of the Carribean there's only X-Men 2 to look forward to.

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
Is it possible that Fox is still sorting out (for whatever reason) the special features on the set?
I remember reading an interview with the producer of the X-men 1.5 DVD where he said that legal problems prevented a featurette on the comic books from getting on the disc, but he wanted it on the X2 DVD. Or maybe they are/were still holding out for some additional extra features or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks