What's new

X2 (2003) (1 Viewer)

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
Be strong Ricardo. Stay away from the spoilers. If the Berry/Singer problems on the reshoots are true, I think they could do a third X-Men film without Storm. Heck it would be nice to see some new members. Maybe a different villain (Hellfire Club). Not every film needs to have a strong Storm presence.

By the way, in response to the post about Rogue walking through a wall...all I can say is...

"Are you sure you saw what you think you saw?"

In other X2 news, I was quite happy to see/hear the violence and cursing was kicked up a notch for this one. I think everyone here will like it.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Yeah...I heard Magneto has a pretty violent sequence in the movie...which they've showed in the new TV Spots...

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Jean Grey has telekinetic powers, meaning that she can move things, right? In the movie, when Rogue is spreading the mutation thing and the four were thinking of who to send up, I think she said that she can make herself fly (not directly), but that she didn't have enough control over it.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I just found out X2 is opening here in Venezuela on....

APRIL 30th, BEEEOTCH!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

I'll do my best to get tickets for opening night and post a review :)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
not to bust anybodys bubbles, but i'm starting to hear a lot more negative reactions now.
just this morning, Regis Philben said he had seen it Thurs night and couldn't figure out what was going on.
he didn't sound very impressed with it.
i'm still cautiously optimistic, but after that i'm going to start ratcheting down my expectations.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Yeah... Regis Philbin's opinion is REALLY going to turn off those who liked the first movie ;)

Did he say if he'd seen the original? Or if he'd even heard of the X-Men before?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
his other complaints were (if i remember right)

-he thought it was monotonous
-Ian McKellan looked too old for the part
-Storm didn't fly
-the costumes were all wrong
-there was no male nudity

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Jean Grey has telekinetic powers, meaning that she can move things, right? In the movie, when Rogue is spreading the mutation thing and the four were thinking of who to send up, I think she said that she can make herself fly (not directly), but that she didn't have enough control over it.
I don't remember that part, but they did say she would use her powers to guide Wolverine when he went up.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I don't remember that part, but they did say she would use her powers to guide Wolverine when he went up.
The way it worked in the movie was that Storm generated a wind strong enough to toss him high in the air but she couldn't control his trajectory in any meaningful way, which is where Jean came in - she supplied the fine tuning to slow him down and let him lower directly onto the machine. How he managed to jump through those rapidly spinning rings, however, has always been a mystery to me :)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Jean Grey can fly through the use of her telekinesis on herself.

Storm can fly because she can control the wind around her.

Rogue can fly because ?Ms. Marvel? was able to fly (among other things) and Rogue completely absorbed her personality and powers permanently (basically killed her).

I know that Brain Singer set out to make a "realistic/believable" comic book film, and I liked what he did with the first. However, I wonder if he specifically toned down flying of all sorts to try to keep with this tone. If that's the case, I can understand the decision, but I wouldn't agree with it. Not when you have all those other powers being demonstrated. I hope to see more flying in the next film(s).

AJ Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
AJ
But in my opinion the best comic book movie EVER is not Batman, Spiderman, Superman, or Xmen.

The Crow was awesome and is what Batman could only hope to be.
I agree. The Crow is not only my favorite comic book movie, it is my favorite movie of all-time. I love everything about it.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
However, I wonder if he specifically toned down flying of all sorts to try to keep with this tone.
I think he toned down the flying because of the cost aspect of it, mostly. Characters were selected with cost and ability to pull off in mind, which is the reason we don't get a Beast character in either film. (It is also why Jean inherited the scientist role, since they couldn't find a way to get Hank in.)

Jason

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I know that Brain Singer set out to make a "realistic/believable" comic book film, and I liked what he did with the first. However, I wonder if he specifically toned down flying of all sorts to try to keep with this tone.
I've seen him state that as a reason for it, but I've also seen him mention that he was concerned that if you have so many characters flying it would devalue that as a power in itself. He didn't want people getting the impression that flight is some common, mundane sort of mutant power that nearly everyone has, especially when all of the characters in the movie who have flight in the comics can all do other things.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
that makes sense.
at the risk of sounding like an undiscriminating fan-boy, i found just about all of the creative choices made by singer to be sensible and display a lot of taste.
considering he was given a more modest budget than these films usually get, and they shaved off 6 months, he did a bang-up job of doing the best he could with what he had.
it will be interesting to see what he does better resources this time around.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
My one other question abotu changes was Rogue's super-strength. My only knowledge of X-men (other then the first movie) is from the cartoon show, and I always remembered that Rogue was incredibly strong. Able to toss Sentinals around like they were toy soldiers. Who'd she absorb that one from?

Eric Franklin

Stunt Coordinator

She absorbed her flight, super strength and near invulnerability from Carrol Danvers aka Ms. Marvel. This is her history in the comic as well as the 90's cartoon as there was an episode that explained her origin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks