What's new

X2 (2003)

Shaun

Second Unit
Title: X2

Tagline: The time has come for those who are different to stand united.

Genre: Adventure, Action, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Bryan Singer

Cast: Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen, Halle Berry, Famke Janssen, James Marsden, Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, Rebecca Romijn, Alan Cumming, Brian Cox, Kelly Hu, Bruce Davison, Aaron Stanford, Katie Stuart, Ty Olsson, Daniel Cudmore, James Kirk, Jill Teed, Alf Humphreys, Kea Wong, Cotter Smith, Chiara Zanni, Jackie A. Greenbank, Michael Soltis, Michael David Simms, David Fabrizio, Roger Cross, Richard Bradshaw, Bryce Hodgson, Glen Curtis, Greg Rikaart, Shauna Kain, Alfonso Quijada, Rene Quijada, Brad Loree, Sheri G. Feldman, Connor Widdows, Peter Wingfield, Charles Siegel, Steve Bacic, Michael Reid MacKay, Michasha Armstrong, Robert Hayley, Mark Lukyn, Kendall Cross, Keely Purvis, Dylan Kussman, Jason S. Whitmer, Aaron Pearl, Aaron Douglas, Colin Lawrence, Richard C. Burton, Michael Joycelyn, Nolan Gerard Funk, Devin Douglas Drewitz, Jermaine Lopez, Sideah Alladice, Kurt Max Runte, Benjamin Glenday, Lori Stewart, Ted Friend, Mi-Jung Lee, Marrett Green, Jill Krop, Brian Peck, Layke Anderson, Michael Dougherty, Dan Harris, Bryan Singer

Release: 2003-04-24

Runtime: 133

Plot: Professor Charles Xavier and his team of genetically gifted superheroes face a rising tide of anti-mutant sentiment led by Col. William Stryker. Storm, Wolverine and Jean Grey must join their usual nemeses—Magneto and Mystique—to unhinge Stryker's scheme to exterminate all mutants.

Does anyone know if Storm will actually fly in the movie or are they saving that for the next sequel as well?

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
I saw X2 yesterday. In a word....Awesome.

I can't wait for the next one. Does anyone know if this cast signed for three films? I thought the action was excellent, the story was great, and the acting was top-notch. Can't wait to see it again.

MINOR SPOILER:

The cameos were fun. Henry McCoy, Remy, Colossus.

I had problems with some of the wire work, as in the first movie. It just seemed like when everyone jumped, they didn't seem to "push" off the ground properly.

MAJOR SPOILER...BE CAREFUL HERE

What a great lead in to the Phoenix Saga.

Wonderful movie. 8 out of 10.

Conroy Tesa

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the first Xmen movie was a good film, little action, sagged in the middle but enjoyable.
Spiderman was a great summer movie. Funny and comic book like(thanks to my favorite Rami) .
Xmen-film, Spiderman-movie

To me that was the difference. One more serious then the other.

But in my opinion the best comic book movie EVER is not Batman, Spiderman, Superman, or Xmen.

The Crow was awesome and is what Batman could only hope to be.

The finished the movie with a dead lead actor!!!
Hell Daredevil was brutal and Ben Affleck is still alive!

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Jay, I read only your minor spoiler. GREAT NEWS :D:D:D Now all I gotta do is be strong and avoid reading the major spoiler :p

And yeah, the cast is signed on for three films. Not sure about Bryan Singer, though.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
...although Berry reportedly had a huge blow-up with Singer when they were doing re-shoots.
will be interesting to see if she comes back.

unlike most, i had no big problems with her in what was an underwritten part.
Storm was always one of my favorite characters so i hate to see her consistently get relegated to the background anyway.
hopefully we can see some of these characters start to fly in future films

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Literally. the only one we've seen fly so far has been Magneto. if memory serves me, Jean Grey, Stomr, and Rogue can all also fly.

MatS

Screenwriter
Storm did as much flying (levitating) as Magneto did in the original movie. Wolvie flew in the movie as well but with the aid of Storm ;)

PhilipW

Second Unit
You're probably not going to see Rogue fly as in the comics she gained permanent powers by absorbing I believe Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers?)

The Rogue they're depicting in the movies is obviously a younger version.

and Sable (WWE) would make the perfect Emma Frost.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Famke was definitely hotter in Goldeneye.

Bond: "How do you take it?"
Onatop: "Straight up...with a twist"

Oh behaaaaaaaaaaave! :D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Couldn't Rogue fly using the powers from Magneto if he could fly? Or is that a temporary thing?

BTW, I noticed in the trailers that Rogue was walking through walls. Does she have a lesbian love scene with Shadowcat or something?

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I remember watching the cartoon, and Rogue got her flying powers from draining so much from Marvel Girl. Of course, my memory sucks, so take that with a grain of salt. Or however the saying goes. :)

Joe Acevedo

Agent
from http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...4p-71811c.html

unlike other comic-book subcultures, "X-Men" has an ardent, vocal gay following. And it's not hard to see why. "If you look at the subtext of 'X-Men' and 'X2,'" notes E! Online columnist Anderson Jones, "they're two of the gayest movies ever made.
That's interesting, but I can't see them using it in their commercials.

Come see X2! One of the gayest movies ever made. :)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks