x10 Remote Light Dimmers

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by MuneebM, Apr 28, 2004.

1. MuneebM

MuneebM Supporting Actor

2. Tim K

Tim K Second Unit

I have one of those remote dimmers in my HT. It works great. I use it with my Pronto Neo (IR) remote and the IR543 IR to X10 converter. The operation of the switch itself is a little odd. It looks like one of the "see saw" type switches that you would press the top or the bottom to turn off or on. However it is not. The top part of the switch is always flush with the plate and the bottom part is the part you press. Press once to turn on, press again to turn off. Hold down to dim or brighten.

3. Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic Supporting Actor

4. MuneebM

MuneebM Supporting Actor

5. Jason Edgecombe

To send X10 signals via IR, you'll need something like the IR543 IR to X10 transceiver. You'll also (obviously) need a remote control that can send or be programmed to send the correct IR signals to the IR543.

You can get a lot of information as well at the remotecentral.com X10 forum.

6. MuneebM

MuneebM Supporting Actor

well, I took the plunge and got these on Wednesday. I took advantage of the promo introductory offer and got the RF remote, RF transceiver, a lamp module, and Firecracker module all for free. All I paid was 24.99 US for 3 wall dimmers.

The wall dimmers feel cheap, but after I installed them and used the remote, I think they work very well. Great addition to the HT. I'm scared the rocker panel on the switches themselves will break because of how cheap they feel, but as long as I use the remote there's no risk of breaking the switches. Now I never have to get up off my couch [​IMG]

http://66.46.69.23/sigserv/pl/index.pl?p=6
    Dynamic signature images powered by mod_perl running on Apache.
    My DVD Collection

7. Tim Dogg

Tim Dogg Agent

I have the x10 dimmers installed with the IR543 that i programmed to my pronto 7000 remote.I got some promotion buy 3 get 2 free.X10 always has some kind of dumb sale going on.
    Anyways the 2 dimmers i installed in my living room work fine 95% of the time while the ones i installed in the kitchen I never got working and the lights turn on and off by themselfs from time to time.There is a section on their websight on how to fix them but it sounds like i need an electrition to come out and fix it.
    All in all it was worth the 60 bucks i spent because like you said earlyer I dont have to get up off the couch every time i want the lights on.
    If i end up buying the house i will end up going with a Luctron dimmer setup.More expensive but probably a lot more reliable i would take it.