What's new

X10 Remote Control Lighting? (1 Viewer)

Dan Da Silva

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys I'm not sure if this is the area to be posting this in but I just wanted to know if anyone has bought this X10 remote control lighting system yet?? and also if it works well or not??? I was looking for something that would allow me to dim the lights in my theater while I'm sitting on the couch as the movie starts and this looks like its perfect and for only $20 you can't beat that.

Chris White

Second Unit
I don't see the special you're referring to on the X10 site. What is included?
A couple of caveats about X10 gear --
1) If you're using flourescent lighting (like a 6500K backlight for you tv), you need a different lamp module.
2) The TM751 transceiver that X10 sells is unreliable garbage. Get a PAT01 from automationnet.com instead.
------------------
The Whites' Home Theater Website
Pictures, DIY Projects, Glossaries, FAQ, Links, Toshiba Tips & Tweaks

Gregg Hart

Stunt Coordinator
I have piecemealed together some X10 control of lights. I have some light modules and an IR to RF controller. I have my pronto set up to turn lights on/off/dim. It cost about $60 to get this set up for control of 5 lights from the pronto.
I have not had problems at all.
------------------
My Home Theater

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
I love the X10 stuff. I find they work very well. I use lamp mods and light switches with dimmers..I find the remote that came with the firecracker kit works fine for me.

KeithA

Grip
I got my X-10 lighting up with about $40... Bought an IR command center and three of the lamp modules (

Brett G

Stunt Coordinator
If you use a universal remote that already has X10 codes programmed in (like OFA Cinema 7 and many others), then you could buy one of these:
IR543
Then all you would need is a Lamp Module (HC10LM) (~ $7). Granted this is a bit more expensive, but will allow you to use your own remote. I use one to control almost all the lights in my house. It is great.
-Brett
------------------
Link Removed
My DVD's

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I bought my IR543 from Link Removed
[Edited last by Andrew Pratt on July 11, 2001 at 03:28 PM]

Westly T

Second Unit
I've got quite a bit of X10 equipment with some problems. I had to get a bridge to connect across the two 110V in's in my breaker box to get them to work throughout the house. Also recently since I added a UPS system I've had some intermittent problems between some parts of the system, but for the most part it still works well. I also use my pronto to control the system as well as several RF controllers, and I have programmed some functions using a computer module.
------------------
- Wes
My Home Theater
The MMG were replaced with 1.6QR's and added Marantz MA-700's. SVS is here. Ok, allot more then that has changed, I'll update my page some day...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks