What's new

X10 Information and Canadian dealer (1 Viewer)

I am interested in using some X10 controllers for controlling the lights in my HT.

After spending several hours looking for information (not much info out there on the net), I finally understand the basics of it and figure it would be ok to use. However, I did not find any canadian resellers of X10 products.

Is it beacause of some kind of restriction on these products in canada?

Anybody knows of a canadian dealer for these? Preferably in the Montreal, Quebec area...

Thanks

Dave

I Finally found a canadian reseller for X10 products (aartech.ca) (sorry still cannot post links)

I would have prefered to have a local dealer where I could have gone and see the products and ask questions and be able to return the devices easily if I buy the wrong device but I guess this will have to do.

Before buying, though, I would like to check with people that have done this before to see if I am looking at the correct devices.

My Situation: I would like to control a set of 3 halogen lights (controled by only one switch) with my Radio Shack Kameleon 8 in 1 remote.

Here are my questions:

1. Is the Radio Shack Kameleon 8 in 1 reomte capable of controling an X10 device (through an upgrade maybe?) Here is the url for the remote: radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F003%5F007%5F000%5F000&product%5Fid=15%2D2138

2. From what I have read, you need an appliance module to control halogen lights. Will this do? (aartech.ca/product_info.php/cPath/32_29/products_id/160/canada/AM466.html)

3. To control the X10 device from my remote (if feasible), I will need a "X10 Plug In Controller with IR Receiver" such as this one: aartech.ca/product_info.php/cPath/46/products_id/136/canada/IR543.html

I am not very good in electricity and so I prefer to buy the plug-in modules (at least for now)

Are those the correct devices to buy for my situation? and is the Radio Shack Kameleon 8 in 1 remote capable of sending X10 commands ?

Thanks for your help !

Dave

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I can't speak for Canada, or the Kameleon remote. But as to where to find X10 components, you may want to just double check at a Home Depot, I would guess they have them in Canada. I know our local Home Depot has X10 stuff.

Good luck to you.

Hi Paul,

I can't find anything on X10 devices on the Homedepot.ca site. But then again I can't find them either on the US site. There is a Homedepot near my house, I'll go take a look tonight.

Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks