X1 vs X2

Discussion in 'Displays' started by RaymondSteiner, Aug 12, 2004.

1. RaymondSteiner

RaymondSteiner Stunt Coordinator

Hi!, i'm a newbie in this thing of front projector bussiness, so i want some advice about Infocus Projectors X1 and X2.

Every way i look, people give a thumbs up to X1, but X2 all that get is bad notices... I look in projectorcentral and there is no X2 reviews, any of you know about it...

Also i have heard about this 4805 projector but haven't found the review on projector central (how it compares with Epson 10 projector, both have the same price!)

Thanks!!

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Raymond, the X1 has the Farougda de-interlacer and the X2 doesn't. That's why it is preferred for home theater. The 4805 hasn't been reviewed yet by Projectorcentral.com, but there is a very large thread about it at AVSFORUM.COM.

3. Jack Ferry

Jack Ferry Stunt Coordinator

Jack Ferry
    And most of us 4805 owners are just ga-ga over how great it is.

4. Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus Cinematographer

The X1 was a breakthrough product that (mostly) successfully provided the basic functionality of both a decent presentation projector and a starter Home Theater projector. (I still own an X1 and love it.) It's specs included a 480p 4:3 DMD DLP with a 16:9 mode, 2000:1 contrast ratio, a 2x, 4 segment (RGBW) color wheel (which transformed into a RGB color wheel in its Home Theater mode for better color purity), and state of the art Faroudja deinterlacing.

It's successor from a presentation projector perspective is the X2. The X2 provides more lumens than the X1 and wireless connectivity to a laptop along with an improved contrast 4:3 DLP DMD. It's color wheel is still a 2x speed, 4 segment design (RGBW), which is best suited for presentation work. Unlike the X1, it has no Faroudja deinterlacing circuitry. Instead, the supplied pixelworks chip provides both scaling and deinterlacing.

The X1's successor from a Home Theater perspective is the 4805. It's housed in the same box as the X2, but provides a 16:9 DLP DMD, a 4x speed, 6-segment (RGB-RGB) color wheel, and the very latest in Faroudja deinterlacing.

That's why you don't hear anybody talking about the X2 in these forums.

5. RaymondSteiner

RaymondSteiner Stunt Coordinator

That clears things a lot, because in amazon and other stores, the only thing X2 get is bashing.

Yesterday i get a projector for this weekend and after the setup of it and the surround sound, we have no common room, but everybody is impressed, i'm pretty sure we are going to get one... Hope is the 4805 or the X1 (900 in circuit city or amazon, plus a rebate of 100 at www.infocusrebate.com)